USF Constitution by Scallywag – BlueJacket Shipcrafters – Scale 1:96 - First Build - As she appeared on August 18, 1812

The hull is made of basswood and came pre-carved to a rough initial shape. There is plenty of material to remove to get the ship to its shape per-plan. The manufacturer, to protect the model from any damage it may receive during shipping and handling, intentionally left the extra material. Note the stems on the bow and stern.

post-7442-0-14893700-1444840544_thumb.jpg

Very methodical. I find your step by step approach a nice addition. I too am a first model ship builder and so appreciate the time you're taking to illustrate your approach.

Best, Ian

Looks like a nice start.

You know that you can make a single post with all of the photo's in it and include your text in-line rather than making so many single posts?  Makes it somewhat easier to read.  :)

Very methodical. I find your step by step approach a nice addition. I too am a first model ship builder and so appreciate the time you're taking to illustrate your approach.

Best, Ian

Thanks Ian!  Thats exactly what I'm trying to do here.  I look at other build logs and wonder how they did what they are showing. 

Looks like a nice start.

You know that you can make a single post with all of the photo's in it and include your text in-line rather than making so many single posts?  Makes it somewhat easier to read.   :)

I didn't realize that until I was almost done posting.  Newbie learning curve!

There is much to unravel when attempting to lock in her appearance on any given date - especially August 19, 1812!!!

Very nice start.  I will sit in the first row to watch.  

Evan