Jump to content

Dave Pete's carving log


Recommended Posts

I decided to join in on the carving practice. New skills comes in handy. Picked up two sets of blanks and an NRG membership at the same time. Seemed like a good idea at the time...

 

I have used a cut yardstick as my mounting blocks. Cheap and easy to cut to size. I sanded off most of the printing before gluing on the blanks. For glue I used Weldbond. I tested the glue to verify it would come apart if soaked in alcohol before mounting the blanks.

 

post-1331-0-52040800-1480024221_thumb.jpg

 

post-1331-0-38590500-1480024038_thumb.jpg

 

I should have scrapped off the excess glue when I mounted them. some of the glue got on the side of the blanks making it harder to carve. I did use a weight on top of the stack to get a good bond. 

 

post-1331-0-93825300-1480024041_thumb.jpg

 

First results.. not yet finalized. Used a #11 blade knife for most of it. Used a small burr bit by hand for the 4 indentations.

 

post-1331-0-41019600-1480024045_thumb.jpg

 

Edited by DavePete
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...