cc suprise

tank

We are all waiting with baited breath for a release date, like the 74 both will be such a success.

Norman

Current build Trumpeter Arizona 1:200 with White Ensign PE and a Nautilus Wooden Deck.

Built Caldercraft Convulsion, HM Brig Badger and HMS Snake.

Awaiting - Zvelda HMS Dreadnought planning to get the Pontos Deck and PE Upgrades, Panart 1:23 Gun deck model and couple of the cannon kits Manatu - French siege mortar, and American coastal cannon.

this ship has been in work for a long time. i was wondering if they went back to the drawing board or something.

Jeff

In progress:
Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Company -1/2" scale

USS Constitution - Model Shipways - Scale 1:76

HMS Granado - CAF Model - 1:48

HMS Sphinx - Vanguard

Is it possible that Caldercraft does not have the funds necessary to release either or both of these kits?

Mort

Current Build - Caldercraft Victory

Completed - Artesiana Latina Swift, Harvey, MGS Prince de Neufchatel, Imai USS Susquehanna, Mamoli Constitution, Rattlesnake per Hunt Practium, Caldercraft Snake, Diana, Kammerlander Duke William 

Waiting to be Launched -  Bluejacket Constitution

Proud member of The New Jersey Ship Model Society

I'm eagerly waiting to see this released as well - I wonder if its more a question of scale and resourcing rather than funds.  Maybe they don't want to overstretch themselves right now and compromise quality/service.

Cheers,

Jason

"Which it will be ready when it is ready!"

In the shipyard:

HMS Jason (c.1794: Artois Class 38 gun frigate)

Queen Anne Royal Barge (c.1700)

Finished:

HMS Snake (c.1797: Cruizer Class, ship rigged sloop)

i wonder that the outlay would be to put a release out like that, even though they will make it back

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

The last I heard through this forum a few months ago is that they are busy right now trying to meet the demand for their existing kits and don't have time and resources to release a new kit and the demands it would create. I am also waiting for this kits release.

I have posted a few pics of the kit prototype that was posted on a blog a few years ago showing the kit. Hope we hear some news about her soon. I think this will be a kit that will be definitely a must buy

Mike Draper

Whitehorse, Yukon

Canada

post-360-0-12478500-1365518197_thumb.jpg

post-360-0-06116200-1365518228_thumb.jpg

post-360-0-28926200-1365518273_thumb.jpg

post-360-0-66313100-1365518314_thumb.jpg

Mike Draper

Whitehorse, Yukon

Canada

Member, Nautical Research Guild

Trying to read the price...739 Euros (?) , ~$960 (US) or GBP 630 - definitely a higher end kit, but looks very nice.

Cheers,

Jason

"Which it will be ready when it is ready!"

In the shipyard:

HMS Jason (c.1794: Artois Class 38 gun frigate)

Queen Anne Royal Barge (c.1700)

Finished:

HMS Snake (c.1797: Cruizer Class, ship rigged sloop)

I'm not sure it will be that expensive everywhere, because Krick (the German distributor? for Caldercraft) also lists HMS Diana at 739 Euro/630 GBP, while the same kit sells for 440 GBP (Cornwall Model Boats) to 500 GBP (Ship Wright Shop) from UK-based companies.  Similar differences exist for other kits as well.  So I'd say this kit's pricing is in line with Caldercraft's other kits.

Brandon

Current project: HMS Pandora (1779) CAD build

I have spoken to Jotika on a number occasions now regarding the Suprise when I have had queries with my Snake build and its pretty simple they are busy and have said the designs are ready for production but they dont have sufficient time to produce sufficient volumes to satisfy the market demand. I was told that a lot depended on a planned expansion of the business but I think that was gobbled up with the range of existing models marketed. I am sure it will be released sometime - its on my dream/wish list for one

Norman

Current build Trumpeter Arizona 1:200 with White Ensign PE and a Nautilus Wooden Deck.

Built Caldercraft Convulsion, HM Brig Badger and HMS Snake.

Awaiting - Zvelda HMS Dreadnought planning to get the Pontos Deck and PE Upgrades, Panart 1:23 Gun deck model and couple of the cannon kits Manatu - French siege mortar, and American coastal cannon.

Thanks for the reply's everybody. I remember reading in a thread on the old site that someone at Caldercraft had said that it might be released Christmas 2012 and was curious if there was any new word. Oh well just keep on waiting...