Hello from Massachusetts

Soup591

I just wanted to post and say hello. I am a new member in my late 20’s from the Boston area, and brand new to the ship modeling world. 

I have always been interested in modeling - starting at a young age with plastic car kits, and most recently gathering n-scale trains and parts for when I eventually own a home with space for a layout. That being said, model shipbuilding has (somehow) just recently caught my attention. 

I have ordered the 18th century longboat kit that has, from what I have seen, been built and logged on here so many times. Which is good for a beginner, I think! Lots of logs to learn from. Anyways, I ordered model shipways kit as a combo with their tool kit. I am lucky enough to have a lot of downtime at work and plenty of space and tools both at work and at home to be able to spend a lot of time with this kit. Looking forward to meeting everyone and thanks in advance for all of the advice I will probably get and questions that will be answered!

EDIT:

Oh, and i will definitely start a build log once i get my kit and start working on it!!

Edited by Soup591

:sign:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks for the replies everyone, and my name is Ryan. Also... 

Had a big shipping issue with my 18th century longboat...

Long story short, it got lost and i have a claim in with the usps. That being said i went ahead and ordered the new bedford whaleboat kit from model shipways and it's set to show up today along with whole bunch of tools. Hoping to start a build log on that pretty soon.

EDIT: I went with the whaleboat kit for two reasons. 1) the longboat kit was no longer in stock 

2) new bedford is close to me geographically and i reaaally like the look of it

Edited by Soup591