Has anyone ever bought directly from Euromodel before and had stuff shipped to the US?  If so, was the shipping reasonable and reasonably quick?

I would like to buy a set of plans from them (Ajax), but I was wondering at other people’s experiences with them.  

I always do research before buying from a new vendor.

Edited by GrandpaPhil

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

Hi Phil - If you contact piratepete007 he can answer any question you have about Euromodel.  He writes the building instructions for their kits & is a member of this forum. He was extremely helpful to me when I was building the Royal William.  I can tell you the Euromodel plans are probably the best you will find - very accurate & well detailed.  I have not dealt with Euromodel directly,but I believe they are a quality company that cares about their customers & would not hesitate to buy from them.

Mark

current build - HMS Vanguard - Model Shipways

I’ve dealt with Euromodel twice, and they have been nothing short of fantastic.  The first time was to buy one of their lion figureheads because I was building the Lyme using the Corel Unicorn kit.  The second was to ask them about replacing a missing plan sheet and warped keel on a used La Renommee kit that I had picked up on eBay.

Not sure if he is still there, but Massimo was such a nice guy to deal with.  Just be aware that they are shut down in August believe for the Italian summer holiday.

I wouldn’t hesitate to buy from them.  I agree with Mark that the Euromodel plans are among the best out there, very detailed.  And Pete’s built notes are an invaluable resource.

Edited by Landlubber Mike

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)