I purchased the Mamoli CSS Alabama kit some time ago when I found it on sale.  In looking over the kit I was not impressed with the instruction plans provided!  Any suggestions as to where I might find better build plans for the Alabama?  Thanks

CURRENT BUILD:

HMS Winchelsea, 1764 ~ 1:48 scale

COMPLETED BUILDS:

New Bedford Whaleboat ~ 1:16 scale

Ships in Bottles Models

Card Stock Nautical Models

~Donor & Member of Nautical Research Guild~

Taubman’s plans has the National Archives plans for the Alabama.

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/2/2019 at 5:38 PM, RBohlman said:

I purchased the Mamoli CSS Alabama kit some time ago when I found it on sale.  In looking over the kit I was not impressed with the instruction plans provided!  Any suggestions as to where I might find better build plans for the Alabama?  Thanks

I have multiple plans for her as my blog here does have some posted. Bluejackets CSS Alabama plans are excellent and i am utilizing them for my build. You can get them at BJ's web site under CSS Alabama kit. Their plans are very detailed and are the best ones out there IMHO for a wooden build. Mine is the Revell 1/96 scale plastic kit which I am currently working on. You'll also see how I have discussed the discrepancy in all the prints I have. 

Here's the blog for your reference:

Edited by Jonathan11

Current build project: 

CSS Alabama 1/96

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/20148-css-alabama-by-jonathan11-revell-196-scale-kit-bash-90-historical-accuracy/

Finished build projects 2018:

H.L Hunley 1/24

CSS Arkansas 1/96