Jump to content

J11

Members
  • Posts

    510
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    USA --- NRG Member
  • Interests
    Historical ship models and building them.

Recent Profile Visitors

1,677 profile views
  1. Awesome accomplishment!! An honor to enjoy your blog watching the restoration of a historical piece which now will live another 100 years and hopefully more. Congrats and well done sir!
  2. I thought I was looking at a real ship ...... Magnificent representation of a era period Galleon! Thanks for posting and presenting her.
  3. Your work is inspiring! Recently I have been given this kit and will use your blog heavily in it's future construction. Enjoying your updates!
  4. Thanks Keith, been slow I know; but have had to really be careful rigging as not to completely destroy her in installations. Rascal is so damn fragile!!
  5. Thanks @Gahm, slow but steady. Here's updated images and the booms are coming out! Still have a couple of more lines to install on the fore mast upper spars which will be done hopefully today and can start making the custom size boom sails for each spar size to attach on the main mast booms. I won't present the construction details for the boom sails as it's the same procedure earlier in this blog when I built all the the other sails but will update when I have one section of booms completed. So figure a couple of weeks per side with sails made and rigged, this way I'll complete as I go and won't backtrack into the other booms. Amazing as I have bought more Syren blocks to finish her out, somewhere around 225 blocks installed when she's totally completed. I think ..... lost count...... Thanks again for stopping by and will have more updates in a couple of weeks. She has taken a tremendous amount of time installing the rigging as not to damage her anymore during installation. As you can see it has paid off and I am working at the same pace for the boom sails installation, so bear with me as this will also be slow because of the internal rigging placements and other lines to work around. I did have a couple masts break on me again as I was gently tightening some rigging and a couple spar broke also, but the damage was repairable with added glue then sanding down for detailing processes. Touch up paint is also a item which will be done in the final touch's. The main bottom boom spars had to be moved also back about a inch as the sails and boom were going to have major conflicts with the back launch boats. They are glued, sanded and painted, complete. Ready for the boom sails and rigging. the Revell model doesn't match exactly up with B Jackets model prints was the reason for the discrepancy in placement and repair. Thanks for all the likes and appreciation! J11
×
×
  • Create New...