Letraset 5mm Times New Roman gold, where to find?

Hello everyone!

Not sure if it's the right subforum to post this question.

But i'm look for dry-rub transfer letters, and the Letraset 5mm Times new roman gold are looking real good for the job.

I'm working on the Pickle kit from Caldercraft and the photo etched letters that are supplied with the kit are horrible.

I saw with other builds on the forum that they use the Letraset letters.

But the problem is that I could not find them on the web? Does someone know an adress?

If you had asked this question 30 years ago, the answer would have been simple. Since the introduction of graphics programs on computers, Letraset became a dinosaur. I doubt if you can find any these days. In any case, old Letraset tended to craze and lose adhesive strength. Y.T's solution is an elegant one. You could start by printing off a computer-generated version of the lettering as he did. Alternatively, use a fine artist's brush and paint....

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

1 hour ago, Y.T. said:

I resolved same issue as follows. These letters I just printed on paper sheet, carved them out with scalpel and painted gold acrylic. After gluing to the hull I applied transparent acrylic varnish over for protection. 

image.thumb.png.a3a7995854098862de31ddefe1d3e758.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=4f3b55ae31fcd018

That looks really good I must say. You used just normal paper?

Edited by mugje

33 minutes ago, druxey said:

If you had asked this question 30 years ago, the answer would have been simple. Since the introduction of graphics programs on computers, Letraset became a dinosaur. I doubt if you can find any these days. In any case, old Letraset tended to craze and lose adhesive strength. Y.T's solution is an elegant one. You could start by printing off a computer-generated version of the lettering as he did. Alternatively, use a fine artist's brush and paint....

Tnx! Yes the solution that Y.T. used looks like a good alternative. I'm going to experiment with that. I wouldn't trust myself yet to paint the letters directly on to the ship 🤪

Y.T's trick was to use a new, very sharp scalpel blade. I've done the same thing. I pre-painted the paper (stretched,as I was using acrylic paint), traced the outlines down using white transfer paper (traces wash off afterwards), cut the letters out and glued them on.

Resolution 4.jpg

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

5 hours ago, druxey said:

Y.T's trick was to use a new, very sharp scalpel blade. I've done the same thing. I pre-painted the paper (stretched,as I was using acrylic paint), traced the outlines down using white transfer paper (traces wash off afterwards), cut the letters out and glued them on.

Resolution 4.jpg

Beautiful!🙂