We'll be downsizing to a smaller house, and there won't be enough room for many of the books I've collected since I started modeling.

I'm offering the following books free of charge - you just pay the postage.  For the time being I'd like to ship a minimum of three books for each request, and will be using PayPal for payment of the postage.  Due to time constraints I need to move these books by end of January.  Any remaining books will be donated to a local charity.

Please PM me if you're interested in any of the following books:

Ships, General

American Fishermen, by Albert Cook Church     No Longer Available

The Charles W Morgan, by John F. Leavitt   No Longer Available

Pacific Square Riggers, by Jim Gibbs      No Longer Available

Merchant Sailing Ships 1850-1875, by David R MacGregor     No Longer Available

A Maritime Archeology of Ships, by Jonathan Adams     No Longer Available

The History of the Sailing Ship, by ARCO Publishing

Ship Design and Construction

Sloops & Shallops, by William A. Baker       No Longer Available

The Search for Speed Under Sail 1700-1855, by Howard I. Chappelle

Dorothy Elizabeth – Building a Traditional Wooden Schooner, by Roger F Duncan

The American Fishing Schooners 1825 – 1935, by Howard I. Chappelle

Sailing Ships, by Colin Mudie      No Longer Available

Pete Culler on Wooden Boats, Edited by John Burke    No Longer Available

Small Ships – Benford Design Group

Thomas F McManus and the American Fishing Schooners, by W.M.P. Dunne     No Longer Available

Seventeenth Century Rigging, by R. C. Anderson     No Longer Available

Ship Modeling

William Frederick’s (1874) Scale Journey, by Antonio Mendez C.      No Longer Available

2013 Shipwright, Edited by John Bowen and Jean Hood       No Longer Available

American Ship Models and How to Build Them, by V.R. Grimwood (2 versions)      No Longer Available

The Cutty Sark, Vols 1 & 2, by C.N. Longridge       No Longer Available

Building Model Ships from Scratch, by Kent Porter     No Longer Available

The Art of Ship Modeling, by A. Richard Mansir       No Longer Available

Models of American Sailing Ships, by Robert E. Peabody    No Longer Available

Edited by Mahuna

That's a nice way to both get rid of your excess materials and at the same time get the books into the hands of someone who can appreciate them rather than just going into to a landfill.

Dave

“You’ve just got to know your limitations”  Dirty Harry

Current Builds:  Modified MS 1/8” scale Phantom, and modified plastic/wood hybrid of Aurora 1:87 scale whaling bark Wanderer.

Past Builds: (Done & sold) 1/8” scale A.J. Fisher 2 mast schooner Challenge, 1/6” scale scratch built whaler Wanderer w/ plans & fittings from A.J. Fisher, and numerous plastic kits including 1/8” scale Revell U.S.S. Constitution (twice), Cutty Sark, and Mayflower.

(Done & in dry dock) Modified 1/8” scale Revell U.S.S. Constitution w/ wooden deck and masting [too close encounter w/conc. floor in move]

Hope to get to builds: MS 3/16” scale Pride of Baltimore II,  MS 1/2” scale pinky schooner Glad Tidings,  a scratch build 3/16” scale  Phantom, and a scratch build 3/16" scale Denis Sullivan.