USS Missouri by B-Ram - FINISHED - Revell - Scale 1:535 - PLASTIC

• 1 year later...

My twin sons are trying to build this same model and we are having trouble mating the deck to the hull.  The instructions say to rubber band them together, but never say anything about removing the bands, nor any way of adhering them to each other!  To add to it, the two parts have to be "worked" from one end to the other to get them to fit.  It is difficult to get the gap to close between the parts horizontally.  I cheated as a kid and used superglue and suffered the white results.  We recently visited the Mo during the 80th anniversary of Pearl Harbor, and they, 17, want something that looks nicer than my skills that are rusty on top of that.  Suggestions?

Hi csander,

Mating the deck and hull did present some challenges. Check out the second and third photo on the first page. I glued styrene blocks near the edges of the inside of the deck. This kept the hull in the correct position while the glue dried. I used rubber bands to hold the hull and deck together while drying. When it was dry, I just removed the rubber bands. After getting the hull and deck mated, I did not have too much trouble.

Do you have a build thread going?

Bill