Plans - Midwest Products - Fireboat #960

Chuck L

I took a chance and bought an open box The Fireboat Kit No 960 from Midwest Products.  Obviously someone had started the model and probably glued the first pieces and stopped. The glued pieces, along with Plan #2 and all cast parts are missing. 

Has anyone built any of these older wood Midwest Kits?  The hull seems the same for all three kits but with a different superstructure and If I could get  a copy of plan #2 I might be able to make my own parts and build this kit.  

The Fireboat Kit No. 960

The Tour Master Kit No. 961

The Harbor Master Kit No. 962

I have most of the entry level kits so if anyone needs plans or instruction books let me know.

If this is not the right way to ask this question please move it and let me know.

Thanks

Chuck

Is this the old wood framed kit?  If so edit your question to mention it's the wood framed kit.

The plastic hulled kit #993 has only one plan sheet.  I just went and checked the partial #993kit I have - before paying attention to the kit # you listed.

Sorry I can't help you.

Kurt

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS

CLUBS

Nautical Research & Model Ship Society of Chicago

Midwest Model Shipwrights

North Shore Deadeyes

The Society of Model Shipwrights

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

1 hour ago, Chuck L said:

I could get  a copy of plan #2 I might be able to make my own parts and build this kit.  

Some modelers have gotten plans from Midwest recently after contacting them. Even though they don't make kits anymore they have seem to still have copies of their kit plans and instructions.

Here's their contact information from their website (midwestproducts.com):

Midwest Products

Email: info@midwestproducts.com

Phone: 1-219-942-1134

Toll-Free: 1-800-348-3497

Fax: 219-947-2347

Address: 400 S Indiana St. Hobart, IN 46342

Bob Garcia

"Measure once, cuss twice!"

Current Builds: 

Hms Brig-Sloop Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models

Pen Duick - Artesania Latina 1:28

Completed: Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Co. 

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

Kurt,

Yes this is for an older wooden kit, I modified my post to indicate this.  Thanks

Bob,

I did call Midwest and they denied having any old plans, but after reading some posts here, I went ahead and emailed them also just to see if someone else might respond positively.

Chuck

Check out this thread. This modeler just got plans from them.

Bob Garcia

"Measure once, cuss twice!"

Current Builds: 

Hms Brig-Sloop Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models

Pen Duick - Artesania Latina 1:28

Completed: Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Co. 

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

I happen to have the tour master plans #961 .... I wasn’t paying attention on EBay and thought I was bidding on the entire kit not just the plans and instructions.    I should be able to make a copy of the copies on Monday when I’m back to work.

David, 

That would be wonderful, I have page 1 of the plans (drawing) and the instruction book (pretty short and weak) but I'm missing page 2 of the plan.  Please be sure to copy full size, even if I have to piece together a bunch of 8.5 x 11 pages, they key is getting the actual size correct. 

Can you call me at four eight four - six eight two - three zero nine one and I can give you my address and I'm glad to pay for postage.

Chuck

On 8/15/2020 at 3:18 PM, Chuck L said:

David, 

That would be wonderful, I have page 1 of the plans (drawing) and the instruction book (pretty short and weak) but I'm missing page 2 of the plan.  Please be sure to copy full size, even if I have to piece together a bunch of 8.5 x 11 pages, they key is getting the actual size correct. 

Can you call me at four eight four - six eight two - three zero nine one and I can give you my address and I'm glad to pay for postage.

Chuck

Chuck,

I only have one page of plans, i'm not sure there is two plans for the Tour Master Kit (961)?    it shows the plan view and elevation of the ship.  What do you think Page 2 of the plan looks like?

Thank you,