Spray by Josh Williamson - FINISHED - BlueJacket Shipcrafters - 3/8" = 1' - Joshua Slocum's yawl

10 hours ago, Ryland Craze said:

Congratulations on finishing this fine model.  Thanks for the detailed build log.  This will aid future builders of this model.

The photos turned out really great.  I hope you add them to the Gallery for all to see.

Thanks!  I am happy with how it turned out, and am looking forward to another build one day 👍

1 hour ago, Tomculb said:

Very nicely done Josh, definitely a build to be proud of.  Averaging maybe 5 hours a week, I doubt that I will have finished my Spray before maybe mid-winter, but who knows. Regardless of the pace, she is certainly a fun build.  I'll be interested to see what you choose to build next.  

Happy Thanksgiving.

Thanks Tom, and Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!  I will be following your progress on Spray - your model is looking really great.  

Wonderful model, Josh. Congratulations! I'm just about ready to start reading his book, "Sailing Around the World Alone." 

Edited by BobG

Bob Garcia

"Measure once, cuss twice!"

Current Builds: 

Hms Brig-Sloop Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models

Pen Duick - Artesania Latina 1:28

Completed: Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Co. 

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

Well that was fast and it turned out very well.  The detail on the rigging always impresses me.  Nice how you used your interest and knowledge in Slocum and his journeys to inform and motivate your progress.  Now I have to make up my mind on if and what on a build of my own!  Congratulations, Josh, and happy holidays and a great new year.

On 11/27/2020 at 8:28 AM, MrBlueJacket said:

Congratulations, very nicely done. I just made a note in your customer file for 10% off your next kit.

Nic

Thanks Nic!  Much appreciated.  I'll definitely come back for another one

On 11/27/2020 at 5:40 PM, Friday Dog said:

Well that was fast and it turned out very well.  The detail on the rigging always impresses me.  Nice how you used your interest and knowledge in Slocum and his journeys to inform and motivate your progress.  Now I have to make up my mind on if and what on a build of my own!  Congratulations, Josh, and happy holidays and a great new year.

Thanks Friday Dog.  Happy holidays to you and yours.  

21 hours ago, dsmith65 said:

Very nice, I hope mine turns out half as good as yours.

Looks like yours is coming along nicely.  Good luck with the build!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...