Ragisian Carrack XVI century by Shipphotographer.com - FINISHED - MarisStella - Scale 1:59 (775 mm/30,5")

Thanks for posting your videos! It happens that I am exactly at the same stage with my build of the Mayflower (I am gluing the first wales) so your last video is extremely useful to me. Let me also prise your skills and great workmanship which make your post a pleasure to follow.

Kind regards,

Dan.

Current build : Mayflower - AL 1:64

Completed non-ship builds : Spitfire MK I - 1:48Arado 196B - 1:32, Sea Fury - 1:48F-15C Eagle - 1:48Hawker Tempest Mk.V - 1:48F104S Starfighter - 1:48

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it" - Amelia Earhart

Planking the stern castle and nailing the poop deck. I decided to make the deck
from Hickory wood - it gives a lighter colour and goes well with walnut.
1362930004_073-plankingthesterncastle.thumb.jpg.108dc8cd9c54ab787b72c4615f84d68c.jpg

074 - planking the sterncastle.jpg

077 - planking the sterncastle.jpg

079 - planking the sterncastle.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Another outstanding episode!

I love your plank bender.  A bit large, but you can use it to heat the shop in the winter.  😁

It is interesting that you install the garboard strake last.  Isn't that unusual?  I can't argue with your results.  Keep up the great work.

Chuck Seiler
San Diego Ship Modelers Guild
Nautical Research Guild

Current Build:: Colonial Schooner SULTANA (scratch from Model Expo Plans), Hanseatic Cog Wutender Hund, John Smith Shallop
Completed:  Missouri Riverboat FAR WEST (1876) Scratch, 1776 Gunboat PHILADELPHIA (Scratch 1/4 scale-Model Shipways plans)

On 4/28/2021 at 5:54 PM, Chuck Seiler said:

Another outstanding episode!

I love your plank bender.  A bit large, but you can use it to heat the shop in the winter.  😁

It is interesting that you install the garboard strake last.  Isn't that unusual?  I can't argue with your results.  Keep up the great work.

Thank you!
I do not like to look for easy ways but it makes it easier to plank the hull.

Very interesting model and great planking. 
I gave a look to this carrack time ago and I found strange and fascinating how much tall  the forecastle was.

I’ll follow your work with interest

cheers

Alex

If any of you cry at my funeral, I'll never speak to you again! (Stan Laurel)

• 2 weeks later...

What did you use to darken the treenails?   I thought I caught a glimpse of Minwax wood putty at the end, but was unable to get details.

Chuck Seiler
Nautical Research Guild

Current Build:: Colonial Schooner SULTANA (scratch from Model Expo Plans), Hanseatic Cog Wutender Hund, John Smith Shallop
Completed:  Missouri Riverboat FAR WEST (1876) Scratch, 1776 Gunboat PHILADELPHIA (Scratch 1/4 scale-Model Shipways plans)

On 5/29/2021 at 5:50 PM, Chuck Seiler said:

What did you use to darken the treenails?   I thought I caught a glimpse of Minwax wood putty at the end, but was unable to get details.

It's just black putty - the color of Ebony!
I've been showing this in detail since 8 minutes ...

3 hours ago, shipphotographer.com said:

It's just black putty - the color of Ebony!
I've been showing this in detail since 8 minutes ...

Oh my!!!  How did I miss that?  You held up the container for a good 12 or 13 seconds.  Pretty clear.  Many thanks.

Chuck Seiler
Nautical Research Guild

I quite enjoyed the rudder video today. I often have one of your videos or some by other builders playing in the background when I’m working on my model. 

A question.  Did you put any glue on the pins into the hull for the pintles and gudgeons?  Or on the pintles and gudgeons themselves?

Tim

Current Build:  Swift Pilot Boat 1805 (AL)

On Deck: Triton Cross Section, Harvey (AL), Falcon US Coast Guard (AL), Flying Fish (Model Shipways)

On 6/19/2021 at 1:20 AM, Tim Holt said:

I quite enjoyed the rudder video today. I often have one of your videos or some by other builders playing in the background when I’m working on my model. 

A question.  Did you put any glue on the pins into the hull for the pintles and gudgeons?  Or on the pintles and gudgeons themselves?

Thank you!
I also often watch YouTube when I work in the workshop)))
Yes, it was CA glue. Although the nails sit very tightly without it!

1 hour ago, shipphotographer.com said:

I also often watch YouTube when I work in the workshop)))

I bet a lot of us do that :)

I don't speak Spanish but I've had a few on with a Spanish narrator in the background - I forget his name but he has a good voice.  And there is something about the OcCre ENDURANCE video music that is just so calming...  Your videos have this great mix of upbeat music with the sound of sanding and tools that's also good.  It's like you're in a workshop where others are also working on their models, and you get to hear the sounds and look over now and then to see what they are doing.

Tim

Current Build:  Swift Pilot Boat 1805 (AL)

On Deck: Triton Cross Section, Harvey (AL), Falcon US Coast Guard (AL), Flying Fish (Model Shipways)