Chinese Junk rig

Eli K

I am new to MSW but involved with model ships professionally for years. I was a curator of model ships at a major maritime museum and appraised them for both Sotheby's and Christies.  I have a 100 year old Yangtze River gunboat junk of the type that was made for the tourist trade in the 1930's. I am trying to figure out where the foresail rigging lands on the deck as there are no indications of holes for eyes. There are two capstans astride the mast, and the partners on either side of the mast have part on top that protrudes and has no discernable function aside from a place to secure lines. 

As a side note, I have a quantity of very fine French linen thread and I wonder what they are worth.

IMG_0006.jpeg

IMG_0018.png

What a wonderful model!

I'm sorry I can't answer your question, but there are a couple of members here who've made junks who might be able to help. Perhaps if you put a question up in the "Masting, rigging and sails" section of the forum you might get some success.

Steven

:sign:

You might give some thought to opening a log in the Scratch area for the appropriate time era and add the label "Restoration".

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)