Raised or Lowered yards?

Bounty Amati

I understand that the height of the yards are different when sails are furled or unfurled. However what is the position when there are no sails. The drawing only shows the position when sails are raised. The box art ( without sails )shows that the lower main yards are raised, the top yards and top gallant yards are lowered on both fore and main masts. The mizzen mast is the same but only has two yards lower yard which is raised and the top yard is lowered. 

Completed     St Canute Billings            Dec 2020

Completed    HMS Bounty Amati          May 2021 Finished

Currently building HM Bark Endeavour  

Here is what Mondfeld shows for sails or no sails..

image.png.8567065fd9a525c44fbdc3f4dd87f25c.png

Also, some sails like sky sails and royals were " set flying ", so the yards were not present  without sails..

I don't think this is a consideration with Bounty..

“Indecision may or may not be my problem.”
― Jimmy Buffett

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

14 minutes ago, Gregory said:

Here is what Mondfeld shows for sails or no sails..

image.png.8567065fd9a525c44fbdc3f4dd87f25c.png

Also, some sails like sky sails and royals were " set flying ", so the yards were not present  without sails..

I don't think this is a consideration with Bounty..

Thank you Gregory for your quick reply. This looks to be the same as the box art. By the way I am still waiting for my book 'The History of ship Models' which I ordered from ebay. Unfortunately I just found out its coming from India so will  still have to wait another few weeks yet!  Just noticed on the picture you have sent me, those British 18th centuary lifts ,the blocks on the end of the yards look to be double blocks and this is confirmed by the book I have ' Rigging period ship models' That looks to be a bit tricky  how is that done?  can you use one of those blocks that look like a violin or similar. Was this also to reduce the amount of weight required to change the angle  of the yards? Best regards Dave

Edited by DaveBaxt

Smaller upper block is for the lifts ,larger lower block is for the sheets.  separate blocks seized together. - Hal                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

1 hour ago, Seahawk1313 said:

Smaller upper block is for the lifts ,larger lower block is for the sheets.  separate blocks seized together. - Hal                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Nice one . I have already fitted the blocks to the yards. As far as the instructions, only one block required. However as I am not carrying any sails so should I be ok or will I need to change them as I believe the book by Petersson and yourself to be correct. Thanks again for your help. Best regards Dave