2 hours ago, Thistle17 said:

3rd one down but the bottom one has to protrude

Yes it does but there appears to be a gap between the back side of it and the mast. Again, just a suggestion.  I also just did these recently so it’s familiar to me. 

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

• 2 weeks later...

Part of the interest in modeling is problem solving. I think we all can agree on that. Today I went to our local automotive supply house to look for some pin stripe tape but as they do not specialize in automotive finishing their supply was meager. Just down the street at Performance Hobby I found what may be a very good solution to this journey of fabricating or simulating mast bands and other iron work. This ULTRASTRIPE product is new to me. It is made in Germany and comes in different colors and widths. The concern I think we all have had is a product that has long lasting attributes. As this is made for model airplanes it is fuel resistant and it has the property of forming a permanent bond with the application of heat in the range of 250/300 degrees F. It can be repositioned before heat application.

Joe

IMG_1879[1].JPG

Nice find Joe, I would be very interested in any feedback on this product.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)