I was wondering if anyone has seen or heard of this kit, of which there is a build log on youtube: 

This is one of a part build. Do not know who the makers are, even if it is Japanese or Chinese.  Pretty sure it is not a pirated model. But it looks spectacular, and is of a rarely seen period.  Would like to hear your comments.

And this part shows the box cover:

Edited by Jean-Pierre

Could be...but the logo on the box mentions "Gunze wooden ship model series".  Could be that Gunze Sangyo once had the good idea to bring wooden kits on the market (like Imai did).  Now the kit features a lot of photo etch parts, which was not common in the time they edited their beautiful Lusitania kit.

Ooooo! An undiscovered kit! 

Jean-Pierre appears to be correct about Gunze Sangyo being the maker. The poster indicated that it was an old kit he had gotten a long time ago and wondered if it was from the 1980s. With all those details, I would think it's much later, but he didn't specify when he'd purchased it. 

I too love this era of ships where we see steam taking over from sail. Too bad to discover this is an old out-of-production kit. Little chance of finding one to build. I'll ask a couple ship modelers in Japan if they know anything about it. Looks like a pretty advanced kit – nice details, and it  has you build up the ships boats from molds. I think Imai, and certainly Woody Joe, provides you with plastic boats.

Clare Hess

He's a -> "HE"