Fixing canon carriage to model ship deck?

I'm adding the armament to HMS Cruiser [shortly to be Racehorse] and have placed 16 carronades 8 per side, port side run out and starboard run back as for loading. Securing these to the deck was no problem as I used the forward swivel pin as a fixture in the deck.

My problem is with the two long guns [6lb] on gun carriages. Again I wish to copy the positions of the carronades, one run out the other in the run in loading position.  Suggestions please on how to fix these two carriages to the deck without blobs of glue etc.

The carriages do have eyebolts fore and aft on the carriage axles which could take a blackened pin down through and into the deck. That would stop the guns moving about. On my HMS Snake the deck layout of guns has movement, indeed, when the model is transported for displays some end up on their side.

All the guns have run out tackles and breeching ropes.

Thank you, I couldn't find any previous thread on this subject.

Go with the pins method.  Some of us just use glue on bottom of the wheels to hold it to the deck.   Not recommended as a bump will knock the gun loose.  Don't ask how I know this.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks for asking this question.  The answer has been filed away for future use!

Alan O'Neill
"only dead fish go with the flow"   :dancetl6:

Ongoing Build (31 Dec 2013) - HMS BELLEROPHON (1786), POF scratch build, scale 1:64, 74 gun 3rd rate Man of War, Arrogant Class

Member of the Model Shipwrights of Niagara, Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada (2016), and the Nautical Research Guild (since 2014)

Associate member of the Nautical Research and Model Ship Society (2021)

Offshore member of The Society of Model Shipwrights (2021)

#nzreg

Thanks for that solution, I should have thought that one out for myself as I used the same method on the carronades.

Now I'll tease the barrels off the two long guns and do as you suggest.

I'll have a gander at your Winchelsea log while I'm here, might be some other useful tips lurking.

Thanks to all, aye, Kim