oh i just added some access ladders......maybe not correct...maybe not logical...but for me...better than nothing..........now, rigging...for me....painful.......but it's gotta be done 🙃...and still lots of cleaning up, touchup painting, and glue removal to do.....

DSC_1146.JPG

Edited by yancovitch

i had this crazy idea of getting a clear light blue acrylic sheet, instead of the white foam board as in the photo.....so when you look down at the ship, you see the whole ship and what's underneath ....maybe some whales or other sea creatures suspended.....and when you look at if from the side, it may seem like it is floating on the water....sadly, a very, very calm water 🙂...but i doubt if i can afford it, or manipulate the whole thing in the display case...hmmmm...it feels like the waterline should be a tiny bit lower......anyways, i thought i'd just share the fun thought....cheers...................vc

DSC_1171.JPG

Edited by yancovitch

• 1 month later...

lazy man's corner...how not to do the shrouds and blocks on the soleil royal.....am i embarrassed??...naaaaaa...it's who i am, for better or worse 😄.....well....my wife is still with me 🙂......

anyways...i had to use kit blocks, cause i couldn't afford to buy better ones....... i drilled out the holes on the tiny blocks...stuck them on a spit.......dropped a dab of glue.....then placed bits of string to balance on the ends.....then took one, wrap the cord, and place in clip......added a drop of glue on the end, then tied a knot with thread to secure.....cheatingly quick me thinks....

cut the shroud loom down to size, and re-cut it for the smaller shrouds and threaded only one side of the loom......had to saw deeper groves in between the pointed spacers or the thread would slip off......when done, pressed against the pre-rigged shrouds, and glued with ca glue.........hmmmm....if the thread is polyester, it doesn't stick as well as a cotton thread....maybe linen....i don't know....but i used thin ca, but also gap ca....still haven't figured out the best technique yet, but it's close enough for jazz for my purposes....i'm sure with practice i could have done a better job.......shrouds are actually flat black...still have touching up to do, although i am getting old and shaky........

nobody would likely follow this technique, but it may inspire some better ideas.....cheers.....vc

DSC_1186.JPG

DSC_1187.JPG

DSC_1194.JPG

DSC_1207.JPG

Edited by yancovitch

• 4 weeks later...

ok...truthfully....i give myself a 70%ish all around.....and that's way generous compared to the pros around here 😄......now i've got to spend over $100 for glass to slide into the front of the cabinet........damaged one of the side stern lanterns, so i replaced them with a couple i had left over from a different previous kit.....

oh....i put the figures at the stern, back up

where they belong, cause without them, the top of the transom reminded me of the slab in 2001 space odessey.....it needed company.......😄...sorry if i need to see humor in everything.......just a basic rigging......

now i have to start rigging my revell constitution with the two sterns, and that's it.....may just do some clay sculpting after that's done...no more rigging...yea!.....so cheers to all 😀.......vic

DSC_1247.JPG

DSC_1262.JPG

DSC_1265.JPG

DSC_1276.JPG

DSC_1277.JPG

daryl 1.jpg

Edited by yancovitch

Great model 

Much, much better dan 70% 😉

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

2 hours ago, Hubac's Historian said:

A brilliant completion to this beautiful ship - What a difference those corrected lines make.  I give it 100 out of 100!

100% Agree!!!