Name the Ship Game

RMS Olympic

Funnily enough I did wonder whether someone would call a trawler 'babe magnet' as it fits with the clues.Unfortunately my search revealed nothing,some rather unusual pics but no trawler.My brain has reached meltdown looking at pics,I will have another look tomorrow

Kind Regards Nigel

P.S. Eamonn,I might be wrong,but I have a feeling you won't find maple syrup in the name,just a hunch ;)

Currently working on Royal Caroline

I changed direction literally from North to South.. perhaps you mean change direction mentally.. ie Poles as in Poland perhaps (boat does have a somewhat Baltic look about it) ?

Dang, Nigel that's 3 hours wasted looking for fishing boats with Maple Syrup in the name! :)

See ye tomorrow folks

Eamonn

Edit:  had a last look (kept thinking along original lines ie Pole = North Pole = Artic, add  Canada & Women and you get High Canadian Latitudes and I think I've found her! or at least something darn close :)

Is it Calanus ? :)

Edited by egkb

Current Build   :  HM Schooner Ballahoo

In the Pipeline :  HM Cutter Sherbourne, HM Mortar Convulsion, Emma C Berry & C18th English Longboat.. Eventually That Is..🙄

True, I couldn't have done it without your help Nigel.. Maple Syrup !  boy was I on the wrong tack there... :)

How I arrived at the boats name is in the edit to my post over-leaf, yup at almost 2 in the morning!! :)

Thanks for the info link Jay, I like that little boats have a great history too.

My next ship will give you a laugh when you get to its name... that's the only hint you are getting.. tis a good hint too judged by our last few posts!  :)

Eamonn

post-5925-0-76606900-1385903494_thumb.jpg

In the Pipeline :  HM Cutter Sherbourne, HM Mortar Convulsion, Emma C Berry & C18th English Longboat.. Eventually That Is..🙄

I know I said no more hints guys but this is just to say that ye both already have half the ships name!! Am actually laughing myself at just how close ye both are without realising.. :)

Just eliminate till you get to the 'bit' mentioned in both posts (and my own from Jays 'Photo Question' earlier)

When ye find the Word in common the race will be on to see who puts it all together first ! (that sentence is not a clue by the way)

Eamonn

That's the Bunny !... :) I thought of her last night when I was joking about Maple, and said to myself that if I win this one she'd be my question.

When I read the posts from Jay and yourself where ye both said Maple I actually laughed out loud! (LOL 'd in fact)

Well Done  and over to you (btw there is no Arklow Maple) :)

Eamonn

Jeeez guys.. I close my eyes for a few minutes and TWO go past at once... Huh! :)     just like busses.

Will work on the Waverleys friend shortly.

Eamonn