Name the Ship Game

RMS Olympic

Although searching along those lines, inevitable ends up at Edward Fitzgerald.....

I believe you mean "Edmund" Fitzgerald... and no, sorry.. you didn't want me to make this one too easy did you?

Edited by realworkingsailor

Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Well.. the Mataafa was wrecked in 1905.

But you are correct, the mystery boat is the Daniel J Morrell. Wrecked off Harbor Beach, Michigan in November 1966. Only one Survivor, Denis Hale (he's still alive BTW)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Daniel_J._Morrell

Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Sorry Jan, haven't been able to put any time into your challenge recently.. sorry for leaving you 'hanging', hope to get back to you in next few days.. :)  Looks like a bunch of us have abandoned you..

It isn't a conspiracy... Honest  :) :)

Eamonn

Edit 19th Nov.. Have just finished 1 hour of searching... alas I have noting except a Dutch Brig called Pollux, of which I can find no more info.. :)

We may need a few clues I'm afraid.. :)

E

Edited by egkb

Current Build   :  HM Schooner Ballahoo

In the Pipeline :  HM Cutter Sherbourne, HM Mortar Convulsion, Emma C Berry & C18th English Longboat.. Eventually That Is..🙄

I think Eamon has other fish to fry in stead of recovering.

He has to find a new ship to show us here.

The brig in my picture was indeed ZrMs Pollux, Dutch Navy Brig.

No real history, so apart from one or two lines in some obscure Wiki-page and this pic there is little to find on her. 

Jan

Edited by amateur

Thanks Jan.. Pollux was the only ship I could find that even remotely looked like your post... though having said that I was almost going to offer Astrid as an answer..

Boy oh boy that was an awkward one Jan :)

Give me a few hours guys and I'll have something worthy of your attention (hopefully not as tough as Pollux though :) )

Eamonn

In the Pipeline :  HM Cutter Sherbourne, HM Mortar Convulsion, Emma C Berry & C18th English Longboat.. Eventually That Is..🙄

All righty then Name the Shippers.. try this one for size, not on the same difficulty level with Pollux (I can think of a rhyming word that I would call that one.. :) )

The clues are in the photo.. some BIG obvious ones there for a start :)

I reckon ye should only take about 20 to 30 mins of searching to find this.. if even that long!!

Eamonn

Clock Starts ... NOW...

post-5925-0-19650600-1384951400_thumb.jpg

Not the Oak Jan but you have the correct time period (they only had a very small handful of ships at this time!) have you gotten the Company yet? that would give you a massive boost in finding the ship!

I was amongst the last group of Deck Cadets for this company, in fact I never got to sail with them as they 'folded' before I could join my ship (did get to spend a rather nice 2 week Induction Phase in a hotel in Cork City with the other Deck Cadets though :) ) had to finish Cadetship elsewhere.. Oh Well :)

Eamonn