Name the Ship Game

RMS Olympic

Gentlemen,

I did a little bit of shopping: I flipped the picture.

It is indeed Gelderland (I posted her before in her new appearances.) She was a Dutch ship, build around the turn of the precvious century (HOlland Clas Cruiser, laid down in 1898), the Germans took her over and did a rebuild into a Flak ship (Niobe) aroudn 1943.

Her largest feat was the fact that she took Paul Kruger from South Afrika to Europe after the BoerWar.

The picture is taken in her period in life that she was fitted for being a target ship in 1941 (already in German service)

Jan

Not HMS Terrible Nigel, nor indeed any of the Powerful class....but you're getting close, there are similarities.

Cheers,

Jason

"Which it will be ready when it is ready!"

In the shipyard:

HMS Jason (c.1794: Artois Class 38 gun frigate)

Queen Anne Royal Barge (c.1700)

Finished:

HMS Snake (c.1797: Cruizer Class, ship rigged sloop)

Easy mistake to make Nigel, but the Arklow Warrior had 15 X 20'' guns in 3 turrets (must be where the Iowa class boys got the idea for more than 2 guns per turret from.. true story )  :)

Eamonn

Won't be able to join in the game till much later today guys.. see ye all then.

PS Nigel, try Arklow Castle !!.. there have been a few up already maybe it's a repeat ! :)

Current Build   :  HM Schooner Ballahoo

In the Pipeline :  HM Cutter Sherbourne, HM Mortar Convulsion, Emma C Berry & C18th English Longboat.. Eventually That Is..🙄

Jan, I'll give it to you.  HMCS Niobe was member of the Diadem class of protected cruiser, and its pretty tricky I think to get the exact ships.  However, the ship in question was in fact HMS Argonaut, although from photos a lot of them look very similar.  Don't think there is much fun having you move through the ships in the class.

Over to you Jan.

Cheers,

Jason

"Which it will be ready when it is ready!"

In the shipyard:

HMS Jason (c.1794: Artois Class 38 gun frigate)

Queen Anne Royal Barge (c.1700)

Finished:

HMS Snake (c.1797: Cruizer Class, ship rigged sloop)

It was soooo easy to confuse the two... :)

Thanks Nigel, my next one follows below.. Small hint, they may be a little older than you'd think (well, they were older than I thought anyhoo:) )

Am off to bed now after a busy day, so I shan't be answering till morning.. Have Fun

Eamonn

post-5925-0-49671800-1384212816_thumb.jpg

In the Pipeline :  HM Cutter Sherbourne, HM Mortar Convulsion, Emma C Berry & C18th English Longboat.. Eventually That Is..🙄

Had to have a quick look at Hunter Nigel.. darn they are similar.. my one is even earlier!!

Not off to bed just yet, have another shot :) I have 10 mins or so

Eamonn