Name the Ship Game

RMS Olympic

And we have a winner!!  well done David.

Irish Shipping Ltd's SS Irish Alder  (amongst the first vessels purchased by the Irish Government at the formation of ISL) company folded in the early 1980's

Over to you David

Eamonn

Current Build   :  HM Schooner Ballahoo

In the Pipeline :  HM Cutter Sherbourne, HM Mortar Convulsion, Emma C Berry & C18th English Longboat.. Eventually That Is..🙄

Eamonn - I'm guessing the flags were painted to deter U-Boat attacks?

Cheers,

Jason

"Which it will be ready when it is ready!"

In the shipyard:

HMS Jason (c.1794: Artois Class 38 gun frigate)

Queen Anne Royal Barge (c.1700)

Finished:

HMS Snake (c.1797: Cruizer Class, ship rigged sloop)

That was the plan Jason, They had a big Eire (Ireland in the native language) painted on the side too.. didn't work for 2 of them though (if memory serves the Irish Oak & the Irish Pine) both were sunk in the Atlantic, bit before my time mind you :) These vessels were pretty much derelicts' bought up and put into service for the war period,  ISL bought all new ships after the war and got up to a reasonable tonnage in the late 60's early 70's wit a 70000  tonner in the early 80's, just in time for the company to fold up as I entered my Cadetship.. Typical :)

Eamonn

Bear them in mind as you might see a few from me in future :)

In the Pipeline :  HM Cutter Sherbourne, HM Mortar Convulsion, Emma C Berry & C18th English Longboat.. Eventually That Is..🙄

I gave up Jan, went goggle eyed looking at smart white hulls! :) not even a close match did I find to urge me onward :)

Eamonn

Admitted defeat last week!

Was looking at Morgan (and Hollywood moguls) last week, didn't spot the 'Jnr' though!! :)

E

Edit.. That may explain why I didn't spot the JNR :) teehee

Edited by egkb

Jeeez that was tough.. looked so easy too!  NOPE :)

Come on guys, lets all gang up and try to stop David from having another turn .. that last one was rough :) :)

Eamonn

Oh good grief.. :) bet my little 'rowing boat' is starting to look good right about now Nigel ! :) :)

Eamonn

Hmmmm clues are   Poles.. Women & Canadian

Does 'North Girls Maple Syrup' sound right? :)

Eamonn

Mmmmmm 'Southern Lass Maple Syrup ? :)

E

Just kiddin Jay, will have a proper think later or tomorrow morning.. unless somebody pops in and nails it :)

After a bit of a think & ponder re the clues and my 'Change' of direction.. would 'Southern Girl' (from a song by Cheap Trick apparently about Southern Canadian Ladies!) be in any way right?

Eamonn