Name the Ship Game

RMS Olympic

Don't want to give tooo much away Jan but you are on the right track!

E

The setting of the painting is a big clue.. even made a film about the incident!

BTW I removed the number :) Sorry teehee

Edited by egkb

Current Build   :  HM Schooner Ballahoo

In the Pipeline :  HM Cutter Sherbourne, HM Mortar Convulsion, Emma C Berry & C18th English Longboat.. Eventually That Is..🙄

Thanks Eamonn, not quite sure which is harder, answering or coming up with a new one....here you go.

post-891-0-59337300-1383932305_thumb.png

Cheers,

Jason

"Which it will be ready when it is ready!"

In the shipyard:

HMS Jason (c.1794: Artois Class 38 gun frigate)

Queen Anne Royal Barge (c.1700)

Finished:

HMS Snake (c.1797: Cruizer Class, ship rigged sloop)

HUH !! I was just kidding !! :) just posted before going for dinner with the intention of searching afterwards..

Ah jeez now I have to find a question :) :)

Eamonn

In the Pipeline :  HM Cutter Sherbourne, HM Mortar Convulsion, Emma C Berry & C18th English Longboat.. Eventually That Is..🙄

Should have added a bit more info - the Alarm-class torpedo gunboat was the penultimate class of torpedo gunboat built for the Royal Navy. The class was contemporary with the early torpedo boat destroyers, which were faster and better suited to accompanying the battlefleet. By World War I the class had either been sold, converted to submarine depot ships or minesweepers, or reduced to harbour service. Three of the class were lost during World War I while serving in the minesweeping role, including HMS Jason.

Next guess:  Arklow Castle?

Cheers,

Jason

"Which it will be ready when it is ready!"

In the shipyard:

HMS Jason (c.1794: Artois Class 38 gun frigate)

Queen Anne Royal Barge (c.1700)

Finished:

HMS Snake (c.1797: Cruizer Class, ship rigged sloop)

Dang, Jason guessed and I haven't even posted yet :) You and Nigel can form a 'tag' team... Tee Hee

Next Photo is ready... and the clock starts.... NOW

Eamonn 

post-5925-0-76013000-1383934130_thumb.jpg

Some more investigations required Nigel...

BTW the world famous Arklow Warrior was 'bout 100 feet longer with 5 funnels if memory serves.. :)

Eamonn

Another clue would be Beef Wellington.. :)

Eamonn

BTW Not Alligator or Crocodile (if that exists) or even Crocagator :)

Edited by egkb

You may have answered your own question Jan  (they are Jason Class,  MSW member Beef Wellington, who was playing earlier his name is 'Jason' and the answer to his last 2 ship questions were all  'Jason' !)

I do believe you have the ships name with your last post 'Wolves'... her name of course is HMS Wolverine

Over to you Jan..

Cinema time for me so I must absent myself for a while.. best of luck guys!

Eamonn

Sorry Nigel, I was offline there for a bit.. went to see Gravity ! in a word WOW... but since MSW isn't for movie reviews it is back to Name the Ship.. but will have to wait till tomorrow as tis a tad late and I'm still reeling from the film.. again that word..'WOW' 

See ye guys in the morning!

Eamonn

Nigel it does have that WW1 look of Gallipoli about it.. shall investigate in morning!

Dang Jason I was going through the HNLMS  ships earlier and stopped for dinner etc  :)

Eamonn

Any idea what is with the 'square' thingies attached to her sides?

Edited by egkb