Convince Occre to do Erebus

Although new and on my first build (polaris) I have HMS Terror as my next build ready to go. It seems a popular ship and seeing Keith S and Clearways incredible improvements to the kit, i would love to build the Erebus also to sit alongside.

They were the fated Franklin pair and the subject of many books, museum exhibits and documentarys , we also have the wrecks of both ships discovered. Im wondering if any other members on here feel thd same and if so could we let Occre know and push for a kit?

Joe

If it moves Grease it if it doesn't Paint it.....

Current Builds: Occre, Polaris                                                          Shopping List: Vanguard, HMS Sphinx                            

Occre, HMS Terror                                                                            Vanguard, HMS Flirt

Occre, Endurance

Completed Builds: 0

11 hours ago, JDillon said:

Although new and on my first build (polaris) I have HMS Terror as my next build ready to go. It seems a popular ship and seeing Keith S and Clearways incredible improvements to the kit, i would love to build the Erebus also to sit alongside.

They were the fated Franklin pair and the subject of many books, museum exhibits and documentarys , we also have the wrecks of both ships discovered. Im wondering if any other members on here feel thd same and if so could we let Occre know and push for a kit?

The inboard profiles, deck plans and cross-section are shared between the Erebus and the Terror (post-refit for scientific exploration) according to the Royal Museum at Greenwich plans (low res) on Wikimedia Commons.

6E5C05E7-97AA-40AF-A973-D9643127B829.png.117e817657068494424ba704cfa00b88.png16D8112F-0696-4AF2-AE48-A88BFBA4194C.png.72a451c5d5090982804cecf316ce70ad.png1A10B260-F918-4F9B-BD0E-687E6875D7B4.png.a616616461ebe4c9790d5976c3ec95b9.png37375352-D69F-4CF2-A0B3-5EDB710A1B3F.jpeg.6c37c820dcd77469dcea6f7789f63eb2.jpegB47B6790-37A7-4872-9DEF-4466055367B1.thumb.png.668910ff355bff85d7081822d9960085.png

This means that the two ships were identical (at least in the hull) after the refit for scientific exploration.

Based on this, if you wanted both ships, I would buy two Terrors and make minor modifications to one to build up as the Erebus.

I am doing a similar thing with my Solferino and Magenta builds.  

My Magenta build is being built from French Ministry of Defense Solferino plans, because they are mostly identical.

Edited by GrandpaPhil

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

Thanks Grandpa, dont quote me on this but im sure another experienced builder on here was going to do it and said the Erebus was longer which meant an extra bulkhead? im hoping your right. I will see how my polaris comes out first then start on my Terror and see how well i do with that before i think about anything else, it may turnout im usless at ship building and have to retire early 😂

Joe

Joe

If it moves Grease it if it doesn't Paint it.....

Current Builds: Occre, Polaris                                                          Shopping List: Vanguard, HMS Sphinx                            

Occre, HMS Terror                                                                            Vanguard, HMS Flirt

Occre, Endurance

Completed Builds: 0

Joe,

You’ll do just fine!  

The important thing is to finish your first models!

You’ll learn a lot of tricks and techniques.

Then you’ll keep learning and getting better as you progress.

Every one of us is still learning.

And don’t be afraid to try something new in a build, because that’s how you grow as a model builder.

Edited by GrandpaPhil

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

• 7 months later...

Just got an email from Model Expo today indicating Occre has released a 1:75 scale HMS Erebus.  There ya go, gang! 

Gregg

Current Projects:                                                     Completed Projects:                                                                 Waiting for Shipyard Clearance:

Bluenose 1921 1:64 - Model Shipways                   Norwegian Sailing Pram 1:12 - Model Shipways                    Yacht America Schooner 1851 1:64 - Model Shipways

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack 1:24 - Model Shipways        RMS Titanic 1:300 - OcCre  (Couldn't help myself when it was on sale)

H.M. Schooner Ballahoo 1:64 - Caldercraft                             USS Constitution  1:76 - Model Shipways

Santa Maria Caravelle 1:48 - Ships of Pavel Nikitin