Grand Banks Dory by JoeMacD - FINISHED - Model Shipways - First Build - part of the three boat beginner series

That is one serious vintage tape dispenser! Nicely done model - you are not really a total beginner, as evidenced by the background airframe and aircraft.

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

Nice finished build.  Very well done.  I look forward to Part 2 of the  series (The Sailing Pram).  I got these three as Christmas present.  I find the various build logs very helpful to give me a preview of the processes involved.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Robert Chenoweth

Current Build: Maine Peapod; Midwest Models; 1/14 scale.

In the research department:

Nothing at this time.

Completed models (Links to galleries): 

Monitor and Merrimack; Metal Earth; 1:370 and 1:390 respectively.  (Link to Build Log.)

Shrimp Boat; Lindbergh; 1/60 scale (as commission for my brother - a tribute to a friend of his)

North Carolina Shad Boat; half hull lift; scratch built.  Scale: (I forgot).  Done at a class at the NC Maritime Museum.

Dinghy; Midwest Models; 1/12 scale

(Does LEGO Ship in a Bottle count?)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2023 at 4:30 PM, druxey said:

That is one serious vintage tape dispenser! Nicely done model - you are not really a total beginner, as evidenced by the background airframe and aircraft.

😆yes an antique left to me from my wife’s Grandmother! Comes in very handy also very heavy when needed! 

• 2 weeks later...

This is a really nice pictoral capture of the project. I've just started mine and come back here frequently to see tips and tricks in the forum. This is my first model (the dory). I purchased the 3 boat kit from Model Shipways as an incentive to moving forward on more ambitious models in the future. Been chipping away at the dory slowly, really trying to learn as I go. Thanks for the inspiration.

14 hours ago, BishopE said:

This is a really nice pictoral capture of the project. I've just started mine and come back here frequently to see tips and tricks in the forum. This is my first model (the dory). I purchased the 3 boat kit from Model Shipways as an incentive to moving forward on more ambitious models in the future. Been chipping away at the dory slowly, really trying to learn as I go. Thanks for the inspiration.

You started with the same ambitions as I did, good luck and remember there is years of experience on the forum don’t hesitate to ask! 

• 1 month later...