Does Signature Content Update on Older Posts?

Go to solution Solved by ccoyle,

Following up on the recent question regarding adding links to signatures, I thought I would add another question, but start a new topic so as to not clutter the great info in the "adding links" thread.  And perhaps this question has been asked and answered previously.  If so, I apologize for not searching properly and asking what may be a stupid question again...

Does the signature content of users get updated on all of the posts that someone has previously commented on, or just on posts subsequent to their signature updates?  Many of us use our signature section to list current builds, completed builds, etc.  For example, if I am looking back on an interesting topic thread from, say, 2016, and I see that John Doe's signature shows that he is "currently building" the USS Constitution, is that 2016-dated post just showing what his signature page depicted at the time of his post in 2016, or is that an updated reflection of what Mr. Doe is now working on (from whenever he last updated his signature)?

Thanks!

Gregg

Current Projects:                                                     Completed Projects:                                                                 Waiting for Shipyard Clearance:

Bluenose 1921 1:64 - Model Shipways                   Norwegian Sailing Pram 1:12 - Model Shipways                    Yacht America Schooner 1851 1:64 - Model Shipways

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack 1:24 - Model Shipways        RMS Titanic 1:300 - OcCre  (Couldn't help myself when it was on sale)

H.M. Schooner Ballahoo 1:64 - Caldercraft                             USS Constitution  1:76 - Model Shipways

Santa Maria Caravelle 1:48 - Ships of Pavel Nikitin

Knew Chris would have the answer! Thank you, sir!

Gregg

Current Projects:                                                     Completed Projects:                                                                 Waiting for Shipyard Clearance:

Bluenose 1921 1:64 - Model Shipways                   Norwegian Sailing Pram 1:12 - Model Shipways                    Yacht America Schooner 1851 1:64 - Model Shipways

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack 1:24 - Model Shipways        RMS Titanic 1:300 - OcCre  (Couldn't help myself when it was on sale)

H.M. Schooner Ballahoo 1:64 - Caldercraft                             USS Constitution  1:76 - Model Shipways

Santa Maria Caravelle 1:48 - Ships of Pavel Nikitin

• 3 months later...

Forgive me newness, but WHERE exactly does one add a "signature"?  I cannot find it on the profile, account settings, etc.  What am I missing?!!!

CaptJoe

Seattle/Tucson

Current build: Norwegian Sailing Pram

Completed build: Grand Banks Dory

Joe,

On the top of this page, you should see your user name.  There should be a small arrow beside your user name.  Click on this arrow and a drop down menu should appear.  There should be a tab for Account Settings.  Click on this and it opens up a box.  Under Overview, there should be a tab marked Signature.  Click on this and it should open up a signature box where you can add your signature.  You can also use this box to add current and completed builds.

Ryland

Member - Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

- Ship Model Society of New Jersey

- Nautical Research Guild

Current Build - Armed Virginia Sloop, 18th Century Longboat

Completed Build - Medway Longboat