Lady Isabella by Woodartist - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - 80 foot Zulu

Looks great, it could be the perspective in the photo, but it looks like your bowsprit isn’t straight. I think that it should be parallel to the centreline of the hull and roughly in line with the boom. 

Photo from my very dusty Zulu below. 

0AFD80F4-0807-4F75-AE28-54B65BAC62AF.thumb.jpeg.3f2cbfbafae771def0c377ff2dbb1104.jpeg

Dan

Current Build: HM Gun Brig Adder (Vanguard Models, 1:64)

Previous Builds: Fifie (Vanguard Models, 1:64), Nisha (Vanguard Models, 1:64), Zulu (Vanguard Models, 1:64), Saucy Jack (Vanguard Models, 1:64), Erycina (Vanguard Models, 1:64), HMS Alert (Vanguard Models, 1:64), Grecian (Vanguard Models, 1:64), Ranger (Vanguard Models, 1:64)

Waiting to be Built: Speedy (Vanguard Models, 1:64)

The sails arrived this morning ad I started tapering the masts as per the plans. I started with the main mast which was square walnut. I was using the mast ring piece to determine if I had got it narrow enough. Some how in the process I lost the mast ring piece.
I searched for two hours and did not find it. So I decided I would try and make a replacement. I got the smallest washers I could find. I had to drill the center of the larger washer out to get it to match the size in the plans. I clamped the washer in a vice grip, then put the vice grip in my wood vice to keep it secure. I will need to paint it black but it will work. not as elegant as the brass mast ring but it will perform the same function. Now back to tapering.

IMG_20240310_114743.jpg

IMG_20240310_122159.jpg

Very nice, I would not fear the rigging by looking at your attention to details.  Plus I hear that  Vanguard Models have the best plans and instructions, and if you get stuck  you got a direct link here to all the help you'll  ever need.   All 45,700 and some of us lol.

Good luck on your journey.   :cheers: 

Bob M.

Start so you can Finish !!

Finished:            The  Santa Maria -Amati 1:65, La Pinta- Amati 1:65, La Nina -Amati 1:65 ,                                                Hannah Ship in a Bottle -1:300  The Sea of Galilee Boat-Scott Miller-1:20 ,

The Mayflower-Amati-1:60

Current Build:   1972 Ford Sport Custom, Viking Ship Drakkar -Amati-1:50

On Hold:            HMS Pegasus: Amati