Titanic by wvdhee - FINISHED - HobbyBoss - 1/700 - PLASTIC

Started this before I joined, so no early pics.

It's new tooling from 2023, good fit, nice and crisp details.

Instructions aren't very good I believe, but maybe I am spoiled with Tamiya instruction quality.

Scale is too small for me ( at my age 😬 ) but I did somehow manage to do the pe parts

IMG_20240118_105504.jpg

IMG_20240118_162719.jpg

IMG_20240118_210343.jpg

IMG_20240118_210927.jpg

Walter.

Current build: HMS Flirt

Welcome aboard. I see you have a building inspector supervising part of your build. Just hope it doesn't develop a taste for plastic.😄

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

2 hours ago, Canute said:

Welcome aboard. I see you have a building inspector supervising part of your build. Just hope it doesn't develop a taste for plastic.😄

Thanks, and yes, she's never far away and very curious 😄

Walter.

Finished with it, not really happy with it tbh, I think mainly cause I couldn't find the right flat white colour. I used Humbrol 34 which was too thick for this scale and diluted it didn't cover.

But anyway, it floats 😉

On to a wooden ship now 😃 Vanguard Models for sure, dunno yet which one, Flirt probably... or Sphinx? 😬

bow.jpg

ship.jpg

stern.jpg

Walter.

3 minutes ago, ccoyle said:

Congratulations on finishing! If you have limited experience with wood, I'd recommend Flirt.

Thanks!

In shipbuilding I've done the "Half Moon" by Billing Boats a long time ago. Apart from that I have build a few violins from scratch.

Walter.

Welcome aboard to MSW!  Congratulations on finishing your 1/700 Titanic.  I built a 1/700 USS Arizona several years ago and found the PE parts quite fiddly to work with.  I utterly failed with the PE railings so you're ahead of me on the PE.  Your violin experience should pay you dividends in building a wooden ship model.  The Vanguard Flirt would be a good choice.  There should be some wonderful Flirt models on the MSW site.

Edited by Wawona59

Wawona 59

John

Next Project::  New Bedford Whaleboat - Model Shipways

Wish list for "Seattle Connection" builds:  1/96 Lumber Schooner Wawona, 1/96 Down Easter St. Paul, 1/32 Hydroplane Slo-Mo-Shun IV  

Completed Builds: Midwest - Chesapeake Bay Flattie (highly modified); Revell - 1/96 Constitution, 1/96 Thermopylae, 1/96 Cutty Sark, 1/570 Titanic; Dragon - 1/700 USS Arizona; Model Shipways - NY Pilot Boat Phantom, Aurora - Whaling Ship Wanderer, Maquette - Boeing 307 Stratoliner