Hello my friends,
I would like to introduce my new project, the San Martin from Occre.
The attentive reader of my last build will now cry out. "He told me never to buy another kit from Occre" and yes, he did.
But as so often in life, I have reconsidered. After a cutter and a schooner (not quite finished yet) I really wanted to build a galleon from oak. I have two carpenters at hand from whom I got the appropriate solid wood material and a large sheet of oak plywood, more on that later. I had the moldings for the second hull planking and the deck made in 1x4mm.
I actually had the Revenge from Amati in mind and had started to calculate.
I think it would be a shame to replace a kit costing over 500 euros with other material. So I went back to Occre because their kits are just right for this. A cheap start (179 euros), so it doesn't hurt to replace expensive material. The moldings cost 50 euros, the wood from the carpenter was free.
I also made the Nelson and the Esmeralda entirely on the kitchen table, which was starting to annoy my wife.
So my next idea was to get a better boatyard interior, which also costs money. The oak slipway was started yesterday, more on that later. This is the first reason why this construction will take a long time.

The next reason is my slightly crazy idea of making the hull with finished moldings. So not all the strips as usual and then sanded, no, each individual strip will be chamfered and completely sanded so that each one will be individually visible.
Due to the stubborn nature of oak, I will make a second fuselage from the plywood panel to pre-bend all the strips exactly.

However, I was a little surprised when I opened the box and examined the material of the kit. It is surprisingly good as far as the moldings are concerned, except for the sapele moldings for the second planking. I used them to build two quivers for deadwood strips.
For the rest of the components, however, you will look in vain for solid wood, everything is made of plywood, well laser-cut, but plywood.

I will try to describe this construction report in more detail than the last one, which appeared here in the middle of construction, as I found you here late.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Funktionierender Build:

Cala Esmeralda-Occre

Waiting Build :

San Martin - Occre

Endender Build:

Lady Nelson-Victory-Modelle 

Gorch Fock-Graupner 1985

Good luck on your next journey. :cheers:

Bob M.

Start so you can Finish !!

Finished:            The  Santa Maria -Amati 1:65, La Pinta- Amati 1:65, La Nina -Amati 1:65 ,                                                Hannah Ship in a Bottle -1:300  The Sea of Galilee Boat-Scott Miller-1:20 ,The Mayflower Amati 1:60, Viking Ship Drakkar-1:50

non Ship Build:   1972 Ford Sport Custom Truck

Current Build:    King of the Mississippi-Artesania Latina-1:80

On Hold:            HMS Pegasus: Amati 

This will be much Oak for this Project 

17188662430216923332585494012690.jpg

Funktionierender Build:

Cala Esmeralda-Occre

Waiting Build :

San Martin - Occre

Endender Build:

Gorch Fock-Graupner 1985

• The title was changed to San Martin by Pfälzer - OcCre - 1:90

Good morning everyone,
after not being able to sleep again tonight, I have put together my simple slipway for you.
It consists solely of 10x20mm and 20x20mm oak strips. The base is a multiplex board that I found lying around bored at work. I thought I'd make something out of it before it got depressed.
There are nails every 5cm on the front and rear edges, which I can use to align the frames with rubbers or to brace various things later in the construction process.
I cut the battens into different lengths to create space where the frames reach the bottom of the false keel.
Now, as you can see in the photos, you can lay the individual blocks flat to clamp the keel or upright to align the angle of the frames. The commercially available model building brackets also fit behind this variant. 
I use the thicker version of the battens purely for 
the false keel, which works wonderfully, as you can see from the angle in the photo.
As you can see, you can also simply take a longer strip and clamp it to align the frames, an angle is not necessary.
I have now built this slipway specifically for the San Martin. However, I have to say that it can be extended as required and can therefore also be used for other models.
The whole thing cost me 20 euros for the calibration strips and about two hours of work.

Make something of it, I can't take care of everything

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Funktionierender Build:

Cala Esmeralda-Occre

Waiting Build :

San Martin - Occre

Endender Build:

Gorch Fock-Graupner 1985