Posting photos in build log problems

I am pulling my hair out trying to post my build log. I have about 100 photos that I stored in Google drive I have downloaded them to a file on my desktop but they are all HEIC files. So I can’t load them into my post. I have opened the photo and save as a .jpg. First of all the file extension did not change so there’s that. Is there no way to batch save the photos as a jpg?

I also don’t really want to open each photo and jump through several hoops to get the photo ready to post. There has to be an easier way. 

If you can’t tell I dislike computer technology a lot.

I have no issues if I take a photo with my phone and post it directly from my phone. Don’t really want to use my phone for the entire build log.

The above is all happening on my PC desktop, I had just as many issues with my iPad yesterday so I cut the post short and figured I use the desktop in the morning…

Google for a .HEIC converter.  There are free ones out there.

Is your PC Windows?   You can open in Windows photo viewer and save as .jpg.

“Indecision may or may not be my problem.”
― Jimmy Buffett

Current builds:    Rattlesnake

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

You can change your iPhone so it stores images as jpg files instead of HEIC files.

Step 1: Go to iPhone Settings > Camera.

Step 2: Now, tap Formats. Here, choose Most Compatible under Camera Capture.

This will save you some effort in the future. It won't change any of the images you've already taken though.

Here's a link to an online converter from HEIC to jpg. I haven't used this one but have used ones that only do one image at a time. This one apparently does batches in folders, so you may be able to do them all at once. https://to.imagestool.com/heic-to-jpg

Cheers,

Todd

Edited by Tossedman
Added link

"I am always doing what I cannot do yet, in order to learn how to do it."

Vincent Van Gogh 

On 10/21/2024 at 12:17 PM, Tossedman said:

You can change your iPhone so it stores images as jpg files instead of HEIC files.

Step 1: Go to iPhone Settings > Camera.

Step 2: Now, tap Formats. Here, choose Most Compatible under Camera Capture.

This will save you some effort in the future. It won't change any of the images you've already taken though.

Here's a link to an online converter from HEIC to jpg. I haven't used this one but have used ones that only do one image at a time. This one apparently does batches in folders, so you may be able to do them all at once. https://to.imagestool.com/heic-to-jpg

Cheers,

Todd

This is by far the most simple way.  If you save the photos to files rather than the camera roll,  the iphone can quickly convert them to jpg. It takes a few steps though and may be more trouble than you want to deal with.  As a side note, apple uses HEIC files because they take up less space, so by saving photos as jpg you will fill up your memory more quickly.

- Eric

In the shipyardSan Francisco Cross Section

Finished:  Norwegian Sailing Pram, Lowell Grand Banks Dory, Muscongus bay lobster smackOcCre Palamos