Visit to Sherline

I recently bought a used Sherline lathe and milling machine, with many of the available accessories - a great deal.  Since the machines are about 15 years old, and since the plant is within a day's drive of my home in the Phoenix area, I decided to bring the machines to Sherline for reconditioning.  I spoke to Fred  Smittle in the Sherline customer service area, and he said they would be able to turn the machines around in the same day if I got there early enough in the day.

My friend Peter (my mentor in ship modeling) and I drove to Carlsbad on Sunday, so we were able to get to the Sherline office a little after they opened on Monday.  We dropped off the machines, had a very good tour of the plant with Craig Lebuse, then visited the nearby Craftsmanship Museum (started by Joe Martin - the owner of Sherline).  The machines were ready by the time we returned to the Sherline plant just before noon, so we were able to get back on the road to the Phoenix area and got home at a reasonable time.

I've read a lot of great comments about the Sherline tools on MSW, and anyone I've spoken to about them has had high praise for them, so I'm really glad I found them on our local Craigslist and I'm excited to start using them.  The customer service, professionalism, and friendliness of the staff at Sherline all match the quality of their product.  If you're ever in the Carlsbad area of California I highly recommend a visit to Sherline and to the Craftsmanship museum.

Thanks to Craig, Fred, Francisco, and Kim at Sherline, and most of all thanks to Joe Martin for building a great business.

I have nothing but high Comments for Sherline. I have spoken with Fred on the phone for almost an hour, and he talk me out of spending money stupid, he solve the problem I was having and at the same time told me a few trick that work for me. Kat is usually the person who answer the phone when you call, she knows what is what for the Sherline and can answer all your question about any add-on. I will always have nothing but good things to say about Sherline. Glad you are happy with your Lathe and Mill. You have made the right choice to go with Sherline.

Wacko

Joe :D

Go MSW :) :)

Hey, great story Mahuna. As a proud owner of both Sherline lathe and Mill (and more accessories than I care to let my wife know about ;) ) it's nice to read about such fabulous customer support. I'm glad for you that you had such an opportunity.