Bow Sander

The directions for my current model recommended that I use a bow sander for uniformly shaping the bow and even fairing the hull.  Is this something I should have in my rucksack and don't?  Does one buy this or make it?  Changeable sanding grades I would suppose.

If it looks good and fits good something else is wrong

Chuck A.

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you even tried.

g'day mate,

if your build is a P.O.B. model i personally always use balsa fillers between the first 2 -3 bulkheads on

the bow and also shape the stern section this way as well. using balsa i can achieve a desired contour on both

area's using 120 grit sandpaper. don't worry too much if its not perfect as the first layer planking (assuming of

course its double planked) will give you a better idea of "the look" before you do final planking. this is the stage

of the build why God created filler.

cheers chris

Here's a link to making one: http://www.ehow.com/...bow-sander.html  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)