Bluenose by Mfelinger - FINISHED - scale 1:50

Thank you Michael,

for me is an honor to be complimented of outstanding master.

It was nice to build she .. when I think of making and I want to make a new Bluenose (perhaps Bluenose II)). :)

Thank you Julian and Jan-Willem, I follow your Bluenose with pleasure.

Thank you Yambo,

...in our country is full of colors and options.

I used the most simple primer for metal, matt (red oxide). After coating, lightly I polished with fine metal shavings (a sponge ??). The same kind of color is available in acrylic or oil ...

(for example) Rewell Color for modellers can be bought throughout Europe and the world ...

I checked on Ebay.de, sent Revell colors in your country but ...  is expensive.

I think you'll find color in store for builders, perhaps art shop or maybe to find a painting studio .. that's no "special" color. My Pen Duick is painted with car color ...

Let me know if you need more help from me.

Best regards, Matija.

Hi Matija

I am perplexed! How come I totally missed this build log??? For some strange reason, I must've overlooked your beautiful Bluenose; but, at least I can say now that I've caught up.

Without a doubt, you've done a magnificent job. The details and quality of your workmanship is outstanding, especially the winches. Impressive stuff.

All the best

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

do not worry about it .. it is important that you enjoyed it.

Thank you for the praise. :D

Cheers, Matija,

Hi Lawrence,

Thank you for your lovely comments and compliments, I'm glad that you like my Bluenose.

On our side of the world, in our small but beautiful sea, these ships do not exist or are rare and modelers do not work or work kits.

It was difficult to get information about Bluenose and in general on schooners and I'm a lot of trouble to find all the details and make a model with whom am satisfied.

Information about Dory I have and it will be my pleasure if I can help to your beautiful schooner Annie M. Parker is even more beautiful :).

I am sending them to the PM.

Best regards, Matija.

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Bluenose by Mfelinger - FINISHED - scale 1:50