Welcome to Model Ship World
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1/72 scale wooden gun carriages

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Cal123

Cal123
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationDorking, Surrey, UK
Can anyone suggest best options for buying 1/72 scale wooden gun carriages to replace those horrible metal ones in the Victory Models kits?
  • thibaultron likes this

BANYAN

BANYAN
  • SPECIAL CONTRIBUTOR
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Victoria

Cal, they would also have to be specific to the period of the ship you are modelling - best bet may be to make them yourself?  Plenty of guidance and How to in the various logs and some plans in the database.

cheers

Pat

• mtaylor, tkay11, thibaultron and 1 other like this

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch) - underway

Next builds:    HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin 1:350)

Built:                Battle Station (Scratch)

HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (1:64)

allanyed

allanyed

Special Contributor

• SPECIAL CONTRIBUTOR
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAve Maria, Florida

I don't think there are any wooden off the shelf carriages.  If the model is the Victory itself you will need a number of different sizes so I agree with Pat's post that you are far better off making them yourself. 

Allan

• mtaylor, thibaultron and Canute like this

Current Builds Litchfield (50) 1730, Effie M. Morrissey  

I can explain it to you but I can't comprehend it for you - Ed Koch, former NYC mayor

SketchupModeller

SketchupModeller
  • Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationCanada

Syren ship models has 1/64 scale 24, 12, and 6 pdr guns and wooden carriages.  Perhaps these might be close to the sizes you need?

Brandon

Current project: HMS Pandora (1779) CAD build

Cal123

Cal123
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationDorking, Surrey, UK
Thanks guys.
My kit bash build is HMS Bellerophon. I'll only need carriages for the gun deck, quarterdeck and fo'csle and yes, I'll probably build them myself.
For my last build - 1/64 scale HMS Fly - I bought Caldercraft carriages and mated them to RB Models brass cannons, but since I'm now working at 1/72 scale, I was wondering if there was a source I wasn't aware of of laser cut carriages at that scale.
Thanks for your thoughts.
Cal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome GUEST to the Model Ship World Community.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER to use all of our feautures.