Dremel 8050 Rotary Tool Recall

If you own a recently purchased Dremel 8050 Rotary Tool, you'll want to know about a recall on it. Turns out it can melt. There is a specific date code range, all of which is explained on this page - http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2015/Robert-Bosch-Tool-Recalls-Dremel-Rotary-Tool/

If you bought it new for yourself you may already received a notice, but just in case it was a gift or you got it in some other way you may not have seen the recall.

Cheers -

John

Thank you John for the head up.

I called Robert Bosch help center, phone number 1-855-866-1291 (this for US customers),  they are providing with all necessary labels and box for shipping.

Turn around time is about 14 days.

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

• 1 month later...

Contacted European service center, they helped quickly - just "send it to this address with this mail coverstion printed inside the box, so we will know what to do". Got a new dremel in a few weeks, so now I have a double set of accessories and a spare charger :)

John, thanks again for the heads up. I haven't received any malls from Amazon where dremel qas initiallu purchased..

I've previously encountered overheating problems with battery powered Dremel tools.  Not related to this recall, but my wife used a rechargeable Dremel with a sanding drum to manicure her show dogs' toe nails.  (It's a common practice in that endeavor. ... sheesh!  Don't get me started!)  This required continuous running under load for five minutes or more and the battery contacts would heat up and melt.  Obviously, this wasn't one of the "1001 Things You Can Do with Your Dremel Tool."  After exchanging a few burned up batteries, she "confiscated" by corded Dremel.  I still have the battery one, but rarely, if ever, use it.  When she took my corded Dremel, it gave me an excuse to buy a Foredom system.  As most probably know, there's just no comparison between the Dremel and the Foredom.  While the Foredom is more expensive, of course, it will probably outlast a half-dozen Dremels.