hello to all. i'm scratch building mamoli royal Louis and need help. the plans show them as a whole unit. the frames are square with tabs on the sides. does anyone know where I can get them. mamoli is no longer in business and can't find a supplier for them. any help would be grateful. thanks

Are you sure they are out of business?

I googled Mamoli and found a number of vendors as well as their web site.

Richard

Richard
Member: The Nautical Research Guild
                Atlanta Model Shipwrights

Current build: Syren

are you talking about the metal gunport castings? If so, you would be better off not using them and mounting dummy cannon strips and framing the gunports yourself - the castings and the alignment slots are cumbersome at best..... 

I have to agree with Lou you are looking at a long period of work and study and a lot of patience.  If you are looking for the porthole frames you will have to make them.  If you are talking about the hull frames if you are doing a full planking then just copy the lines to bulkheads and put them in.

David B

Hello. I am building the Mamoli R.L. Even with the plans, instructions and all the parts, some steps have been a PITA.

I agree with the opinion to avoid using the metal frames. If I was going to build this again I would look for a way to skip using those metal parts.

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!