Thats a hard one to find, where are you located?   

In my capacity as rare book conservator in a large academic research library I've been able to locate it in many libraries across the country but so far 0 are for sale.   

Incidentally I fly-fish off of Bainbridge Island all the time...   :)

Edited by maturin

I know. I wonder why that is. Bios of Hull, Porter, Decatur, Perry and Blakeley are commonly found in the usual places. I read "Ready to Hazard" on an interlibrary loan copy years ago. It was good, but not so special, as to warrant collecting or hoarding by the naval history community. Perhaps fewer than the usual number of copies were printed. Bainbridge was a real SOB too, so I don't think he has a devoted following. I am in SW Florida. WA is beautiful. You are a fortunate fellow. :)

Edited by uss frolick

Im a collector myself, if I run across it Ill let you know.  I have a few contacts in the rare book world and will send out an query as well.  My initial guess is that it probably had a limited run, did not sell well and was consequently not printed again.   

Books like these come up from time-time when libraries do big sell-offs, which are then picked up by the big online used book traders for a few cents per pound of book.   You might get lucky there...   

• 2 years later...

Yesterday, I saw on my I-phone that a used copy of "Ready To Hazard" finally came up for $45 on Amazon. When I returned to buy it after lunch, on my desk-top computer, (stupid me), the price had risen to $84! "No!" says I, "too much". But today, filled with regret, I returned to look again, and bang, $132! Tripled in price in three days. Hope the seller chokes on it ...

Completed.... Charles W. Morgan,Sea Horse,USS Constitution,Virginia 1819,San Fransisco II, AL HMS Bounty 1:48

L'Herminione 1:96

Spanish Frigate,22 cannons 18th C. 1:35 scale.Scratch-built (Hull only)

Cutter Cheefull 1806 1:48 (with modifications)

Current Project: Orca (This is a 35" replica of the Orca boat from the movie Jaws)