Dear Friends,

I am proud to present my new improvement of best-selling Serving Machine.

Ball bearings are now used for both parts - main and transmission. It allows you to serve and make other jobs as smoothly as possible .

Here is the photo of new cheek with ball bearing.

Ball_Bearings_Cheek.jpg.9409abd6b546ad048fe899f7e83af72f.jpg

Here is the short video on how to assemble. (English subtitles available)

And more details you may find on my site:

http://shipworkshop.com/products/tools/serving-machine-2.6

regards,

Alexey

I just got this machine a couple of weeks ago and will say it is a real pleasure to use. Extremely smooth running and easy to use and with the attachments that are included more than just serving can be accomplished. With the quality of this machine coupled with Alexey"s customer service you just can't go wrong.

Job well done Alexey

18 hours ago, donrobinson said:

I just got this machine a couple of weeks ago and will say it is a real pleasure to use. Extremely smooth running and easy to use and with the attachments that are included more than just serving can be accomplished. With the quality of this machine coupled with Alexey"s customer service you just can't go wrong.

Job well done Alexey

Have to agree with the part of Alexey's customer service. I just got his ropewalk machine. He answered my many mails I sent him with questions the same day, I stupidly broke a couple of pieces when assembling it. He immediately sent replacements at no cost other than shipping.

Thank you, Alexey. Good to have you with us! :)

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!

I think i have the first version if this serving machine. I must say i dont like the gears and possibly will look into changing them. Due to the thickness of material used for the pinion of the gear, screw tends to slip and destroy the thread almost instantly.  I think i will try to get something like meccano for replacement. Just need to measure the original and place the order.

also i found that the control unit sometimes does not react/ is not accurate enough. Sometimes i have to turn it to full for it to start working.

otherwise it has been a good adition to my workshop and does make my life a lot easier when it comes to serving. Hope that new version also brews coffee... :)

Pavol stands for Paul, Pablo, Paolo etc. Please do not try to pronounce it, just call me Pav...

Don, Ulises - thank you for kind words!

maaaslo, really regret to hear you're running into the gear problem. May be you apply too much strong while fixing transmission gear in place? I've never heard previously about such problem with thread. Anyway, please PM me your name and address and I'll send you replacement (one or two?)

About motor. Does it happen with loaded machine or while free run without load? How smooth does it run by hand in the same situation? please PM me also the pic on motor and control module. I have to investigate it.

thank you.

Dear Dirk,

yes, sure. I should get new parts on next week so come back to you with prices for replacement.

could you please email me more details on this :

" I also have the problem that the fixing screw destroys my thread very often, especially when I change the direction often. "

thank you.

dear Alexey

by no means i wanted replacement parts for free. oh no. i do not need them as i have altered the screw for a slightly larger one, like those used to fit computer hdds. now the attachment being used holds secure.

IMG_6445.JPG

regarding the motor, i have taken a short video. please apologise shaky hands. i had to work camera and controller unit at the same time.

as you can see, no load. i use the same adapter you posted. machine did only work for less than one hour in total during its life. sound does not bother me, as i normally listen to quite a noisy music (industrial noise some call it). it runs relatively smooth, taking into consideration how much the screws are tensioned to hold it together. i would probably have used different pinions collars as i have mentioned in my earlier post as these are rather flimsy and do get thread destroyed quite soon.

IMG_6443.MOV

i would also have a suggestion for a tool to be offered. same as the tool for holding the deadeyes but with two pins forming letter V, for accurately setting the bottom two holes on deadeyes. i know you can use crocodile clip, but i would very much like to avoid marking seized deadeye with marks from the clip.

p.s. i just realised how big the video is (213mb) im sorry for that.

Pavol stands for Paul, Pablo, Paolo etc. Please do not try to pronounce it, just call me Pav...