Bluenose by sawdust - Billing Boats - scale 1/75 - A kit previously abandoned and then resuscitated

This  was a project begun many, many  years ago (pre internet)  on the other side of Canada. After my initial enthusiasm I  begun to realise that this kit  represented more of a Scandinavian fantasy of  a Grand banks choomer than the real Bluenose.   Discouraged  I lost interest and with the pressures of career and family my  model ship building was put on hold.  "Old Blue"  accompanied   me to  Vancouver Island when I retired and eventually made its way on to the bench. if I was to resurrect this project  I first had to accept the inaccuracies of the kit and my ability to remedy them.  Having  grown upin post war UK i learnt frugality at an early age and  nothing is thrown away, Maybe rebuilt  or recycled. I even save sawdust and shavingsand have put them to good use.   Now my build log is lost I will repost some earlier photos  and huopefully "Old Blue" like the Phoenix will rise from the ashes. 

I am enjoying the journey and not worried about the destination,

Kip (aka sawdust)

post-77-0-77460300-1361025203_thumb.jpg

post-77-0-32701300-1361025308_thumb.jpg

post-77-0-04026000-1361025461_thumb.jpg

post-77-0-78060000-1361025596_thumb.jpg

post-77-0-44268700-1361025671_thumb.jpg

post-77-0-51204800-1361026005_thumb.jpg

post-77-0-66506400-1361026093_thumb.jpg

Kip great to see that you too are resurrecting old builds. your model of Bluenose looks great.I will follow along and am looking forward to seeing how you continue.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Hi Kip - it's good to see that you haven't forgotten about "Old Blue".  I look forward to the time you pull her back out of the closet and onto the workbench!

Bob

Current build -- MS Bluenose

Future build - MS Flying Fish

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for." - William G. T. Shedd

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi again Kip,  as you can see I found Bluenose ;)  I hope she still has a place on your workbence, as she is a beautiful looking boat with such elegant lines.

Am off now to visit Sultana and her Slipway!

Eamonn

Current Build   :  HM Schooner Ballahoo

In the Pipeline :  HM Cutter Sherbourne, HM Mortar Convulsion, Emma C Berry & C18th English Longboat.. Eventually That Is..🙄

• The title was changed to Bluenose by sawdust - Billing Boats - scale 1/75 - A kit previously abandoned and then resuscitated