Mortise-and-tenon boat model techniques

Hi all.  I feel I still have a lot to learn but have managed a couple of scratch plank-on-frame models.  However, I am considering whether to try a scratch model of an ancient boat (the Galilee fishing boat discovered in 1986).  Like many ancient smaller boats it was built without a keel or frames, leaving me a little perplexed as to how to go about building it. The scale makes true mortise-and-tenon construction pretty challenging.  The lack of a keel seems daunting.  Does anyone have a suggestion on approaches to scratch building a boat/ship that uses that ancient approach?  Any reference or build log?  Thanks a lot for any assistance.  John

I don't think it is known, how these boats were built, using moulds or just by eye. As you are going to reproduce a reconstruction, making moulds or a plug to reproduce the reconstructed lines-plan would be the way to go.

You say "The scale makes true mortice-and-tenon construction pretty challenging", but you don't say what your planned scale will be ...

wefalck

panta rhei - Everything is in flux

M-et-M-72.jpg  Banner-AKHS-72.jpg  Banner-AAMM-72.jpg  ImagoOrbis-72.jpg

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)