Constructo Enterprise instuctions/plan

Mick

Hello I have been given a Constructo Enterprise kit but is missing the instructions and plan sheet no3 and was wondering if anyone has these they no longer want and would be willing to sell me. I have looked for their website but can't seem to find anything relating to them. Regards Mick. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi David I believe there is a plan no 3, it has the sail templates and mast assembly diagrams. I believe the instructions come in a booklet with around 187 pages. I seem to have plenty of packets and timber but have no idea of the quantities that should be there. 

I have what I believe to be a complete kit..

I'll have to check and get back to you later..

Luck is just another word for good preparation.

—MICHAEL ROSE

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

Mick,

Have you tried contacting Constructo?   

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

18 hours ago, Mick said:

Thank you Gregory anything will be of help. Mick

My kit also only has two plan sheets.  No Sail or mast construction.

There is an instructions booklet with three pages of very sparse English instructions, the bulk of which is a parts list.

I will be happy to copy and email you those three pages if you feel they would be useful.

I would not expect the instructions to be much help to anyone who does not have experience with a few other kits and some considerable knowledge of model ship building in general.

While it may be a bit of a chore to filter it out, all of the information you need should be found here as MSW.  Not just the Enterprise logs, but any number of other logs that have a lot to offer in the way of technique and how to progress.

I'm sure there are others, but one Enterprise log that caught my attention is the one by src..  Enterprise by src - Constructo - 1:51 - or Lessons in Adapt Improvise and Overcome

I see 10 Enterprise build logs in the Index of wood build logs. Two of them show finished.

Luck is just another word for good preparation.

—MICHAEL ROSE

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

I have a PDF of the instructions.  It is two files with a total of 109 pages with many color pictures.  This is for the newer Constructo Enterprise kit number 80837.  I have uploaded the files below:

ENTERPRISEINSTRUCCIONES-1.pdf

ENTERPRISEINSTRUCCIONES-2.pdf

I hope this helps.

Ryland

Member - Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

- Ship Model Society of New Jersey

- Nautical Research Guild

Current Build - Armed Virginia Sloop, 18th Century Longboat

Completed Build - Medway Longboat

I have just finished inventory my 'Enterprise', mostly the wood strips, and it seems ok.  There are some wood pieces that I did not find on the parts list (first pass through the list).  The packet of sailcloth has the sails printed on it.  Per the parts list, there may not be enough single blocks.  I have a Construto 'Halifax" kit that dated 5/97 on the price sticker.  The box is a way-off lite white color  It has 3 sheets and a booklet that has pictures.  I,E, a reasonable amount of information.  I have two Constructo kits that are in black and dark red/maroon boxes.  They where purchased late 1999/2000.  The instructions are as previously discussed (cussed).    The first planking layer is 2 x 6 mm.  I could not get it to bent without breaking on the 'Halifax'.  Will soak it longer for the next try.  I will float the idea of simultaneous builds.  

Thank you for that David, I think that solves the mystery of missing plan 3, the sails on mine must be printed I'll have a look tomorrow. It seems a lot of constructo kits are a bit of a mismatch judging by the comments i've seen, doesn't half make things hard identifying the correct amount of parts. Looks like I'm going to have lots of fun even before I get to start building. 😱

I have been looking at SRC's log that Gregory listed.  I am jealous, his kit is 2008/9 and has instructions with colored pictures!  I don't think my fingers and eyes can do what SRC has done.  Work to your own abilities.  Try to do it and develop new skills.  All the normal pep talk stuff.  Great encouraging comments from all the other members.

Mick,

I see you have possibly what you need.   But here's their URL just in case:  http://www.constructo.es/  It's in Spanish and you'll probably need Google Translate to use the site... unless you speak and read Spanish that is.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I was looking for Enterprise plans online just now and found a build log running in another forum.  "Ships of Scale", probably I will get demerits for consorting with the enemy.  It is a new comer's account and was started several years ago and is still currently in use.  I benched my 'Bounty' and went into my Constructo ' Enterprise'.  I will go start a build log with all the horrors encountered. 

• 2 years later...

Hi, have you found some better plans for USS Enterprise than these two sheets? I have the same problem. I have started the rigging and I would love to do it right. I haven't found anything interesting on Ship of scale. Have you? If you can help me with the sails rigging or any better plans in general, please let me know (links perhaps?)

Sorry I didn't go any further with my search as the contents were all messed up with parts from what looked like they were from another kit  with some also missing including some of the timber stock. I still have what's there which I was going to put up for sale but have not yet done so.