Model #2 - Mamoli Constitution vs. The Field

Greetings all!  I am wrapping up my first model build.  Amanti Arrow and considering what to do next.  But, 1st my back story.  In 2014, I was in a thrift store buying a framed Matt Ryan Jersey for my son.  In the same store they had 2 model ship kits the Amanti Arrow and Mamoli Constitution. They were practically giving them away and figured, how hard could it be? 

After 2 house moves and hundreds of bottles of wine, I am near completion on the Arrow. It looks great from about 5 feet away!

I was unaware that these build logs existed and I just spent the morning looking at mikiek build log.  I REALLY could have used his help as I was trying to figure things out for myself.

Now that I know, how much time a good model takes I want to make sure I pick a good 2nd model and don't just build what I got.  I have seen criticism around Mamoli models. Should I build their Constitution or splurge and get a different version of the same Ship?  If so which one?  Part of the reason I found your site was that I am searching for Schematic drawing for Mamoli set,  I have directions but they reference drawing tables that I don't think were included.  Those would be nice to have...if I can't track them down, which version of the Constitution should I build? 

Welcome to MSW.  "Best" is a term that that's vague.   We have a survey here:  https://modelshipworld.com/forum/10-build-logs-for-ship-model-kits/   and there's this topic:  https://modelshipworld.com/topic/22377-wooden-kit-accuracyG

The most well-known kits for accuracy of the Constitution are ones by Model Expo and Blue Jacket.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

4 minutes ago, CarolinaCommodore said:

Go Heels!

I'm not a South Carolina native, being originally from California, so I have no irons in either the SEC or ACC fires. I was rather surprised though by the number of "USC" fans I encountered when I arrived here. Took me a while to figure it out.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Salmson 2, Speeljacht