If anyone has Steel's Naval Architecture 1805, Sim Comfort edition, the text volume only; here is the opportunity to acquire the accompanying plates volume:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SHIP-BUILDING-BOOK-1805-STEELES-ELEMENTS-OF-NAVAL-ARCHITECTURE-HALF-HULL-MODEL/254417066505?hash=item3b3c705a09:g:OW0AAOSwlPFdyErV

I am not connected with the seller on eBay in any way.

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

I brought what I thought was the 1805 plates only version here in the UK from a book dealer at £300, when it landed last week it was both volumes! Sim Comfort 1977 limited edition 105 / 500. I’m not complaining but wish I’d tried my luck at the Lottery the day I ordered it.

Edited by Morgan

I am sure the price is not out of hand for this book. It looks to be in excellent condition but it always irritates me that these sellers charge a full price of hundreds, even thousands of dollars and still feel the need to add full or even more postage costs!

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

That was the sort of gem I used to go hunting for in the used bookstores and, occasionally, would find. Not any more. The "brick and mortar" bookstores are dying a slow death and most all of the used book outfits not just list everything they get on eBay and let it sit. There's still a "find" now and again on line among the Amazon listings, but they're far and few between on eBay.