Rattlesnake by Malas@1 - Solid Hull

After over 35 years I decided that I would attempt to complete the solid hull kit that I had started back then being I am stuck in the house due to the coronavirus. luckily I still had the original box with most of the parts and two drawings and a 5 page instruction manual. most of the work to the hull had been completed but I still had to do the rigging and mount the yards to the masts. One of the things I am missing is the longboat that came with the kit. Can anyone tell me what scale the sold hull version of the Rattlesnake is so I can see if I can get a longboat in the right scale?  If not there is a drawing on it on the rigging plan put I'm not sure I have the skill to make one from scratch.

One last question I have most of the standing rigging done and I am almost ready to attach the yards to the mast  but the rigging plan  does show were a lot of the lines on the running rigging go what do you recommend that would help me figure this out?

Thanks for your help in advance.  

Hi!

I presume you are asking about the old Model Shipways kit? It's in 3/16" scale, or 1/64. BTW, check out the ship's boat kits from Master Korabel -- they are in 1/72 scale, but one of them may be an appropriate size for you.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Salmson 2, Speeljacht

ModelExpo sells the Rattlesnake plans for $35..  They should have more information than the older version, since it sounds like your rigging guide is incomplete.

The also have the Master Korabel Long Boat kits

“Indecision may or may not be my problem.”
― Jimmy Buffett

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon