Spray by HIPEXEC - FINISHED - Joshua Slocum's Sloop

The quick answer is....you have to be a little crazy to attempt what I'm doing. It's been much harder than a originally envisioned. I'm on the homestretch now, though. I wanted viewers to see exactly how Slocum existed for over three years on a 36 foot boat.

she asked a good question. The answer is I had to be crazy to start this project. It’s been much more difficult than I imagined. I want viewers to see just  how Slocum existed for over three years. A 36 foot boat!!! I’m on the home stretch now. Good luck with your build. I’ll follow you

Rich

" Bucket and Chuck it!"

Harvey Golden verified what I thought. Slocum just used a bucket and threw the stuff overboard. I built a bucket with a rope so the bucket could be washed after use.

I also shortened Slocum's dingy since the one I originally built was too long. It's funny since that's what Slocum did to his original dingy when he realized it was too long to store on deck. He cut it in half!

IMG_5508.JPG

IMG_5510.JPG

I've stored Slocum's water barrel below deck except for one and that one is mounted on deck. 

IMG_5513.JPG

IMG_5511.JPG

IMG_5512.JPG

Edited by HIPEXEC

18 minutes ago, GuntherMT said:

Just edit your signature in your profile.  You can make it whatever you want, put them side by side, whatever.

How do I edit my signature?

From the main forums index screen.

Top right of the screen, click on your name.

Select "Account Settings"

Scroll down a little bit, there is 'box' on the left side with about 8 items.  The last item on the list is Signature.  Click it.

The right text-box will now show your current signature.  Just edit it however you want and when done, click the Save button.

11 hours ago, GuntherMT said:

From the main forums index screen.

Top right of the screen, click on your name.

Select "Account Settings"

Scroll down a little bit, there is 'box' on the left side with about 8 items.  The last item on the list is Signature.  Click it.

The right text-box will now show your current signature.  Just edit it however you want and when done, click the Save button.

Thanks

I've tied down Slocum's shortened dingy and added some sacks of flour to his stores.

IMG_5518.JPG

IMG_5517.JPG

IMG_5516.JPG

Nice work on the boat continues..

Just FYI your new line in your signature isn't a "link" to the build log like your other signatures are.  You need to use the little link tool (chain icon) to link it to the log while editing the signature.

Go into your signature - highlight the entire thing and hit "Ctrl-C" to copy it.  PM it to me or email it to me, I'll see if I can fix it and send it back for you to copy-paste over your current one.

I've run out of ideas to furnish Slocum's Spray. I'm open to suggestions.

IMG_5520.JPG

IMG_5511.JPG

IMG_5521.JPG

IMG_5523.JPG

IMG_5525.JPG

IMG_5538.JPG

IMG_5533.JPG

Edited by HIPEXEC

No rigging!!! Just use your imagination for sails. As far as the tacks go, they're in his chest by his bunk

:10_1_10:

My Admiral says I have to add some rigging to this ship as well as a reclining figure of Slocum. Now I'll need to:10_1_10: find a two inch figure and make it look like a bald bearded man.

I've removed the stub masts and replaced them with full sized main and mizzen masts that now have to be tapered and stained.

IMG_5539.JPG

I love the detail  you're putting into the cabin. Articles below decks etc. Looks awesome. But why is she in the 1900-present day folder? She was rebuilt as a dilapidated old boat by Slocum in the 1890s. Not sure when in the 1800s she was built  but she wasn't even rebuilt by him in the last century. 

27 minutes ago, HIPEXEC said:

You're right, Sailor. I'll see if I can change that.

Can't figure out how to change era???

IMG_5542.JPG

Two steps forward one step back!  While rigging the chain plates I snapped off a cabin wall??? Oh well. It's fixed now. 

IMG_5550.JPG

IMG_5549.JPG