Help on finding instructions for wrapping oars

I’m looking around for a forum to ask a question, this seems to be it.

Somewhere in Model Ship World I’d seen instructions on how to wrap rope around ship oars. Now that I need it, I can’t find it.

This is my current project:

Sloup Coquillier (1912+) - Jerry Sturdivant - Corel Scale 125

I have the oars painted and the rope ready, but where in this large database did I see the rope wrapping and knotting?

Thanks..

Jerry,

I changed the title a bit to give others a clue as to what you are looking for.  I also moved it to the proper forum.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Some people / navies like to have a rope-ring or something like this above the leathering to prevent the oar from slipping out of the thole. In other places this is frowned upon. I gather this is what Jerry was referring to ?

Such a ring is usually a tight-fitting single or double 'Turk's Head' (well, today rubber rings are used). There are instructions for tying Turk's Heads on the Internet or in books on knots. At a 1/25 scale it should not be too difficult to replicate.

wefalck

panta rhei - Everything is in flux

M-et-M-72.jpg  Banner-AKHS-72.jpg  Banner-AAMM-72.jpg  ImagoOrbis-72.jpg