First allow me to express condolences for the passing of your father. Such things are always hard.

This next part will also be hard, but for different reasons. It is difficult to sell even moderately good ship models, and if they do sell, I think you'd be surprised to find out how little they fetch. Your father's models, though, are simply not built to a standard that would make them attractive to knowledgeable ship model buyers. They have too many issues in terms of general appearance, workmanship, materials, and fidelity to subject matter (but hopefully he enjoyed building them, which is the main thing for a hobbyist). In all honesty, I think you would be hard pressed to get more than a few dollars for them, if anything.

Wish I had better news for you.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Salmson 2, Speeljacht

I also would like to offer my condolences for your loss. I agree with Chris on his analysis. Even though things may not equate to monetary value, they still have value to you. I would offer them to folks with children. I think they would look lovely sitting on a shelf in a Childs bedroom.

I’m sorry to hear about your father... It looks to me though that he had fun building these ships, which like Chris said, is probably the most important part. Good luck in finding a new owner and take care. 

Bradley 

Current Builds:

Flying Fish - Model Shipways - 1:96

Future Builds:

Young America 1853 - Scratch Build - 1:72

Completed Builds:

HMS Racehorse - Mantua - 1:47 (No pictures unfortunately)

Providence Whale Boat - Artesania Latina - 1:25 (Also no pictures)

Lowell Grand Banks Dory - Model Shipways - 1:24

Shelved Builds:

Pride of Baltimore 2 - Model Shipways - 1:64 (Also no pictures)