Kirill

• 7 months later...
On 1/9/2021 at 11:26 PM, kirill4 said:

Good day Ron!

How is going You and your galleon?

Do You have any progress in building?

All the Best!!!

Kirill

Hello Kirill, it has been a while. I have been busy with life and work unfortunately so I haven't had the time to work on the model! It will come...

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Have just joined, basically because i found this topic of great interest. 

I too have an Airfix kit of the "Golden Hind" (my favourite ship of all time) and i've been considering blowing the dust off the box and a tually start work on it.

One thing that's been at the back of my mind about the ship is the actual colour the outside hull may have been. The replica in London follows the total matt black theme as does the (not really a replica) that was originally built for the (superb) 1960 tv series 'Francis Drake'

What are folks feelings about this. Could it be the most likely, or is it being used for a reason?

Richard

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have also just joined, last week I started building the Golden Hind model that has been sitting on my shelf since lockdown toward the end of last year. I've just been putting it off thinking I'll get round to it someday. I'm so pleased that I've made a start as I'm really enjoying getting back into modelling. This is my first ship and I'm busy painting the hull with enamels. Just wondering if anyone can offer advice please on the best way to paint the green and red triangular markings on the side of the ship? Is there a good way for someone who does not have a really steady hand? Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Symes
bad grammer

• 4 weeks later...