Rope sizes

Ok This is where I am at the moment. I had another go at running the Excel programme ( once I got online with my Microsoft account) However I am still unable to open any exsisting excel files which I have downloaded.For some reason when I press file and open it only lists any new excel files but does not give me the option of searching my folders for anything I have down loaded.

Once again I would like to thank everyone for all their help. However I am spending more time trying to work this out than working on my model. So I have just about given up with this and I am sorry I didn't manage to get this sorted. I will just have to do it the hard way. Although my build might not be totally accurate it will do for me for now,having just started the hobby and building my first period model ship.Perhaps one day I will come back to this, if I ever build a ship from scratch and need to make my own mast and spars or make my own rope. In the mean time I will just try and use rope which is near enoughand is readily available to buy . I will  try and use brown rope for my next build which I should be able to buy on line in lots of different sizes, if not perhaps I will consider making my own.Best regards Dave

Completed     St Canute Billings            Dec 2020

Completed    HMS Bounty Amati          May 2021 Finished

Currently building HM Bark Endeavour  

There HAS to be an IT guy in the 40K members here that can help you.     Where are you gals and guys????   Dave needs help!!!

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

Dave,

Write up a post with the issues, your hardware, and software.   Then post it here.... https://modelshipworld.com/forum/47-how-to-use-the-msw-forum/

It might get some IT eyeballs on the problem.  I'm old IT but more hardware than software.... so I'm not able to help.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

8 hours ago, mtaylor said:

Dave,

Write up a post with the issues, your hardware, and software.   Then post it here.... https://modelshipworld.com/forum/47-how-to-use-the-msw-forum/

It might get some IT eyeballs on the problem.  I'm old IT but more hardware than software.... so I'm not able to help.

Thank you Mark for your help and pateince .I have tried what you have suggested. Here's hoping. Best regards Dave

Completed     St Canute Billings            Dec 2020

Completed    HMS Bounty Amati          May 2021 Finished

Currently building HM Bark Endeavour